Active Now

Shuhak
DannyPetti
Malizz
my2cents
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Ever dabble in the "occult" or d'ya think it's all hogwash?

Ever dabble in the "occult" or d'ya think it's all hogwash?

Posted - July 23, 2020

Responses

I think it's just as valid as any other religious belief.
    It has real power to those who believe it does - and is powerless against those who don't.
    Of course, in medicine, that is called a placebo.
      July 23, 2020 7:04 AM MDT

Also known as a self-fulfilling prophecy.
      July 23, 2020 7:06 AM MDT

Anything that makes us feel better about ourselves that doesn't hurt or anyone is fine with me. A religion a workout a placebo being vegetarian. Whatever. Now placebo is a whole different thing. It PROVES that the mind is very powerful. Why can't we harness that power for other things? Think we will one day? Thank you for your reply Walt. I'm gonna ask.
      July 23, 2020 7:23 AM MDT

I know what I think, but I don't know enough to question anybody's spiritual beliefs.
      July 23, 2020 7:07 AM MDT

I know a little about it because my husband practices witchcraft.  He keeps it to himself, he keeps his pentagram pendant tucked under his shirt, but he always answers questions I have about it.  He taught me some basic astrology and numerology, and some other basic things about witchcraft that I didn't know but found interesting.  Anyway, it seems to work for him.  The reason why he started in the occult in the first place was because he felt like he was always stuck in mud and spinning his wheels in life, and he felt like he was cursed with unbelievably bad luck.  In numerology, his life path number is 8, which came up in one of your previous questions about bad luck.

It really seems to work for him!  I don't know why, but he went from having unmet expectations to realizing his dreams.  Witchcraft is his third try with religion and spirituality.  He grew up as a Christian but never had any of prayers answered so he just eventually gave up on it.  He then tried the Law of Attraction but never had any results.  He said he took all of the books and study materials he had about using the Law of Attraction and tossed them in the dumpster.  When he started practicing witchcraft, things just started falling in place for him.

He takes it pretty seriously, but the amount of ritual and studying he does is beyond the amount of discipline I have.  I'm pretty happy having just about no religion at all.
      July 23, 2020 4:25 PM MDT

Thank you for another thoughtful helpful informative reply Liv. I really do appreciate your taking so much time to describe these things. Here's what I think. Life isn't easy. Human beings (all of us) have crutches we use to navigate and survive. Some crutches are destructive. Alcohol drugs sex. Some not so much. I'd put religion in tha category of not so much although I do know that it isn't pure and decent and good in all cases. So you worship the sun or a rock or a tree or a Supreme Being. Whom does that harm? If it comforts you then whose business is it but yours? From my earliest memories I was taught GOD IS LOVE. I even taught Sunday School when I was 12 to kindergarten children. I talk daily to "GOD" or perhaps I talk to my inner self. I find it comforting. I'm not an alcoholic. I don 't do drugs. I'm not a shopaholic. I don't sleep around. All of those are crutches. I am hurting no one. Politics is also a crutch when it is used as a weapon to harm others. Racism is a crutch as well. I have always been drawn to fairy tales and fantasy and the "supernatural". I am open to all possibilities. Your husband seems extremely focused and for that he has gotten great results. You can't know what will work for YOU until you try it on for size. Happy Friday m'dear and take care. STAY SAFE! :) This post was edited by RosieG at July 24, 2020 2:08 AM MDT
      July 24, 2020 2:07 AM MDT