Active Now

DannyPetti
Malizz
Shuhak
my2cents
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » BEWARNED. Some hand sanitizers are TOXIC. Better check out what you use or you may be harming yourself. Why not just WASH with soap/water?

BEWARNED. Some hand sanitizers are TOXIC. Better check out what you use or you may be harming yourself. Why not just WASH with soap/water?

Posted - July 23, 2020

Responses

Here us list (Mainly sold as Sam's Club and BJ Wholesale Club):

The following is the latest available list of all the potentially toxic sanitizers, according to the FDA:

• 4E Global's Blumen Clear Advanced Hand Sanitizer with 70% Alcohol
    • 4E Global's Blumen Advanced Instant Hand Sanitizer Clear Ethyl Alcohol 70%
    • 4E Global's Blumen Advanced Instant Hand Sanitizer Clear
    • 4E Global's Klar and Danver Instant Hand Sanitizer (labeled with Greenbrier International Inc.)
    • 4E Global's Modesa Instant Hand Sanitizer Moisturizers and Vitamin E
    • 4E Global's Blumen Advanced Hand Sanitizer
    • 4E Global's Blumen Advanced Hand Sanitizer Aloe
    • 4E Global's Blumen Advanced Instant Hand Sanitizer Lavender
    • 4E Global's Blumen Clear Lear Advanced Hand Sanitizer
    • 4E Global's Blumen Clear Advanced Hand Sanitizer
    • 4E Global's The Honeykeeper Hand Sanitizer
    • 4E Global's Blumen Advanced Hand Sanitizer Clear
    • 4E Global's Blumen Clear Advanced Instant Hand Sanitizer
    • 4E Global's Blumen Clear Advanced Instant Hand Sanitizer Aloe
    • 4E Global's Blumen Clear Advanced Instant Hand Sanitizer Lavender
    • 4E Global's Blumen Aloe Advanced Hand Sanitizer, with 70% Alcohol
    • 4E Global's Blumen Advanced Hand Sanitizer Lavender, with 70% alcohol
    • 4E Global's Blumen Advanced Hand Sanitizer Aloe, with 70% alcohol
    • 4E Global's Blumen Antibacterial Fresh Citrus Hand Sanitizer
    • 4E Global's Blumen Hand Sanitizer Fresh Citrus
    • 4E Global's Klar and Danver Instant Hand Sanitizer
    • 4E Global's Hello Kitty by Sanrio Hand Sanitizer
    • 4E Global's Assured Instant Hand Sanitizer (Vitamin E and Aloe)
    • 4E Global's Assured Instant Hand Sanitizer (Aloe and Moisturizers)
    • 4E Global's Assured Instant Hand Sanitizer Vitamin E and Aloe
    • 4E Global's Assured Instant Hand Sanitizer Aloe and Moisturizers
    • 4E Global's Blumen Instant Hand Sanitizer Fragrance Free
    • 4E Global's Blumen Instant Hand Sanitizer Aloe Vera
    • 4E Global's Assured Aloe
    • AAA Cosmetica's bio aaa Advance Hand Sanitizer 
    • AAA Cosmetica's LumiSkin Advance Hand Sanitizer 4 oz
    • AAA Cosmetica's LumiSkin Advance Hand Sanitizer 16 oz
    • AAA Cosmetica's QualitaMed Hand Sanitizer 
    • DDI Multinacional's Earths Amenities Instant Unscented Hand Sanitizer with Aloe Vera Advanced
    • DDI Multinacional's Hand Sanitizer Agavespa Skincare
    • DDI Multinacional's Vidanos Easy Cleaning Rentals Hand Sanitizer Agavespa Skincare
    • Eskbiochem's All-Clean Hand Sanitizer
    • Eskbiochem's Esk Biochem Hand Sanitizer
    • Eskbiochem's Lavar 70 Gel Hand Sanitizer
    • Eskbiochem's The Good Gel Antibacterial Gel Hand Sanitizer
    • Eskbiochem's CleanCare NoGerm Advanced Hand Sanitizer 80% Alcohol
    • Eskbiochem's CleanCare NoGerm Advanced Hand Sanitizer 75% Alcohol
    • Eskbiochem's CleanCare NoGerm Advanced Hand Sanitizer 80% Alcohol
    • Eskbiochem's  Saniderm Advanced Hand Sanitizer
    • Grupo Insoma's Hand sanitizer Gel Unscented 70% Alcohol
    • Limpo Quimicos' Andy's Best
    • Limpo Quimicos' Andy's
    • Limpo Quimicos' Gelclor
    • Limpo Quimicos' NeoNatural
    • Limpo Quimicos' Plus Advanced
    • Liqesa Exportacion or Liq-E-S.A.'s Optimus Lubricants Instant Hand Sanitizer
    • Maquiladora Miniara's Shine and Clean Hand Sanitizer
    • Maquiladora Miniara's Selecto Hand Sanitizer
    • Mystic International's Mystic Shield Protection hand sanitizer
    • Soluciones Cosmeticas' Bersih Hand Sanitizer Gel Fragrance Free
    • Soluciones Cosmeticas' Antiseptic Alcohol 70% Topical Solution hand sanitizer
    • Soluciones Cosmeticas' Hand sanitizer (labeled with Wet Look Janitorial and Gardening Corp.)
    • Tropicosmeticos' Britz Hand Sanitizer Ethyl Alcohol 70%
    • Yara Elena De La Garza Perez Nieto's Daesi hand sanitizer
    • Real Clean Distribuciones's Born Basic Anti-Bac Hand Sanitizer
    • Real Clean Distribuciones's Anti-Bac Hand Sanitizer
    • Real Clean Distribuciones's Scent Theory – Keep It Clean – Pure Clean Anti-bacterial Hand Sanitizer
    • Real Clean Distribuciones's Cavalry
    • Real Clean Distribuciones's ENLIVEN Hand Sanitizing Gel
    • Real Clean Distribuciones's Lux Eoi Hand Sanitizing Gel
    • Real Clean Distribuciones's Keep It Clean
    • Real Clean Distribuciones's Hand Sanitizer
    • MXL Comercial's Hand Sanitizer Disinfectant Gel 70% Ethyl Alcohol (labeled with Resource Recovery & Trading LLC)
    • MXL Comercial's Hand Sanitizer Disinfectant Gel 70% Ethyl Alcohol Rinse Free Hand Rub (labeled with Resource Recovery & Trading LLC)
    • ITECH 361's All Clean Hand Sanitizer, Moisturizer and Disinfectant
    • Transliquid Technologies's Mystic Shield Protection hand sanitizer
    • Saniderm Advanced Hand Sanitizer

Why use hand sanitizer? Sometimes soap and water is not available. 
      July 23, 2020 12:37 PM MDT

((hugs)) Magnificent list m2c Thank you for going out of your way to provide this. Jim and I never use them. Years ago everything was Anti-bacterial and then we read that using it was detrimental because it could block the usefulness of meds later on. So we stopped cold and have never used an anti-bacterial anything. This is a VERY LONG LIST. I bet the list of safe ones is very short. This is a very kind thing you did m'dear! Happy Friday to you and yours. STAY SAFE! :)
      July 24, 2020 2:39 AM MDT

Sometimes soap and water aren’t readily available.  

After one gets gas, goes to the store or to a medical facility, they need to wash their hands.  Unfortunately, toting around enough soap and water to do the job isn’t very practical.  Hand sanitizer (HS) on the other hand, is quite portable.  One can easily have a bottle of HS waiting inside their car.  A quick squirt, 30 seconds of rapid hand rubbing, and presto, most germs are gone.  It doesn’t replace soap and water, but it’s better than nothing.

Because of portability of HS, establishments can keep bottles of it around for their customers and employees.   Using a public restroom to wash in soap and water might not be too sanitary (how long since it was cleaned?  Who used it in the meantime?).  HS to the rescue!

July 23, 2020 1:11 PM MDT

Not to mention, you have to either touch the door handle to get out of the public restroom (and who knows if the last person washed their hands) - or go through contortions to open the door without using your hands.  LOL
      July 23, 2020 2:21 PM MDT

Use a paper towel to open the door Walt. Problem solved!
      July 24, 2020 2:47 AM MDT

The problem with that is either there are no towels (air dryers) or the trash can is at the other end of the room and the door won't stay open.  lol

Seriously, though.  I take one of those packs of "cleaning wipes" with me in public restrooms, just to wipe down surfaces before I use them.
      July 24, 2020 7:06 AM MDT

Be prepared. What could it hurt? We KNOW the world in which we live now Walt. We've been living it since February and for serious since mid-March. Anyone unaware of it is a hopeless der speigleman(HEIL HIM) adoring worshipper. Didja hear that Dr. Fauci and his family have been threatened. Didja hear that der speigleman(HEIL HIM) cancelled the RNC ego hate convention? Said it's because his job is to protect the people and he has always done that and he always will. Lying SOB! But I digress. So far so good in your neighborhood? Portland is getting more than its share of attention from der speigleman(HEIL HIM). But not to worry. The mystery meat thugs are being dispatched to many blue cities exclusively. And the band played on. And the beat goes on. WHO LET THE DOGS OUT? Sheesh. Thank you for your reply! :)
      July 24, 2020 7:19 AM MDT

I trust what you use is NOT on the extensive list that m2c was kind enough to provide us. Scary stuff m'dear. Thank you for your reply Shuhak! :)
      July 24, 2020 2:41 AM MDT

Just before this thing went down, I bought 2 very large bottles of HS from Safeway.  I also have several other large bottles round the house (all from Safeway) that are ¼ to ¾ full a.   Since 1987, I’ve always carried a medium-sized bottle of HS in my car.  I use these larger bottles to refill it.   Car steering wheels are a magnet for germs and dirt.  Not everyone who works out there washes their hands after they use the restroom (that bugged the heck out of me at work).  So after you shop or stop to grab a bite to eat (like a drive-through), it’s nice to have HS in the car (yeah, I’m a bit of a germaphobe).

July 24, 2020 12:36 PM MDT

I think that's just being prepared. Smart people do silly things like that Shuhak. Figure out what's best to do and then do it. I think the virus doesnt last too long on surfaces but I'm not sure if its minutes or hours. It's airborne so when people yell or shout or sing they exchange it if they're too close. I read that churchgoers were not going to be allowed to sing hymns and some got so irate! They don't know it's to protect them. Are people born with closed minds? I'm gonna ask. Thank you for your reply! :) This post was edited by RosieG at July 26, 2020 4:02 AM MDT
      July 25, 2020 2:13 AM MDT

I’ve heard conflicting reports on how long this thing lasts on surfaces.  Most say that it lasts less time on slick, non-porous surfaces such as metal and glass (few hours), but longer on porous surfaces such as cardboard (up to 3 days).    

Yes, churchgoers are told not to sing.   When I hear about churches suing the government to be able to sing, or say they’ll disobey any “order” prohibiting them from singing, I have to shake my head in utter disbelief.   It just shows that they, like trump, only use their bible for show.   Sure, they may know the words, but they don’t understand the meaning behind them.  God said to love Him and other people.  That’s His only “law”.  Everything else the bible says is simply a reiteration of this one commandment.  Jesus lived this commandment.   Love is putting other people ahead of oneself.  Jesus put us ahead of Himself when He died for us.  These churches are putting themselves first, not others.  They only want to uphold their traditions, not Gods command.  Forgive my “lecture”.

July 25, 2020 1:48 PM MDT

Nothing to forgive my friend. This was not a lecture by any means. It was an abiding truth. I so agree with thee. When people fight hard for symbols as they ignore and are indifferent to the pain of human suffering I KNOW they are phonies. Fakes. LIARS. Every word you say is absolutely in my universe. There are millions of phonies and fakes and liars who go to church recite Bible passages and actively HATE their fellow human beings. They are useful idiots because they don't have a clue how far away from GOD they are. It always shocks me how they perceive GOD. Not in a good light by any means. Their GOD is very flexible to suit them. They bend GOD to fit their views and guess what? Their version/vision of GOD is always on their side. And they do not see how stupid they be and ignorant and hateful. Sigh. Thank you for your reply Shuhak. If we do not help one another there is no purpose to our lives. Isn't it sad how many never fulfill their purpose? :) This post was edited by RosieG at July 26, 2020 12:22 PM MDT
      July 26, 2020 1:59 AM MDT

It's all toxic, it has to be to be effective. You're not supposed to drink the stuff. Gasoline is also toxic, but it's necessary (unless you are either taking very short trips or live in a country progressive enough to have EV charging stations at regular intervals, then you can do without it).
      July 26, 2020 2:05 AM MDT