Active Now

Danilo_G
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Environment » Are you confortable in your country ?

Are you confortable in your country ?

i never been to the US , but i always think the climate must be worst than canada just beecause its southern so more hot.

i like my country, i think its like one of the best place in the world. 

we are blessed in America, theres so much nice stuffs around . 

Posted - July 25, 2020

Responses

Yes.  I love my country.
    I"m glad you love your country, too!

It takes all kinds of different likes and dislikes to make the collage of humans we have created.

It's very good we have differences.

I like, very much, to visit your country and am thankful I can. 
    :) :)!! This post was edited by Merlin at July 27, 2020 5:18 PM MDT
      July 25, 2020 12:31 PM MDT

• I like my own country (Argentina).  I've never thought to move to a different country.  I have one cousin who moved here from Minnesota in the USA.  He's happy here.  He's married, and he has two kids now.  He owns his own business. 

People have many reasons to want to move to another country.  The reason my cousin moved here was that he wanted to be far away from his mother.  She wanted him to experience another country, so when he was 18, she sent him here to spend a winter.  He had a plane ticket to return home in August, but instead he applied for permanent residency and he stayed here.  He is an Argentine citzen now.  I know why he wanted to stay.  He was 18, but his mother didn't recognize that.  She gave my family a list of her rules for him, which they threw into the garbage because he was 18.

His mother was here for two weeks in July.  She didn't know it was winter, so my parents took her shopping for winter clothes which she didn't bring with her.  There was heavy snow that day.  My family lives the same distance south of the equator as Grand Junction, Topeka, Kansas City and Cincinnati are north of the equator, so there can be snow in June, July and August.

This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at August 4, 2020 2:31 PM MDT
      July 25, 2020 2:20 PM MDT

confortable comfortable
      July 25, 2020 6:28 PM MDT

thank you grammar authority :-)
      July 26, 2020 8:37 AM MDT

Australia is called 'The Lucky Country' for a reason. Yes, we have a moronic government but that can happen anywhere.
      July 27, 2020 5:12 PM MDT

No, I'm not. However, I'm really comfortable in my apartment.
      July 27, 2020 5:18 PM MDT

I am comfortable in both my county's - Austria and the USA.  Both have their pluses and Minuses.  I have lived in France, Hong Kong, Singapore as well for work.

Given Covid and the Hot Mess in the USA, we are happy to be in Austria. The Grandparents are close and we feel pretty safe from Covid.  Medical is good, Food Excellent, friends are all well.

We do miss our 6 week Summers in the US this year however.  My sisters horse farm, the lakes, and the remnants of my extended family
      July 28, 2020 12:48 PM MDT