Active Now

Danilo_G
Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Home and Garden » Do you have any house or garden plants that are worth millions of sentimental dollars?

Do you have any house or garden plants that are worth millions of sentimental dollars?

I have a flowering bamboo plant that was giving to me by a freind of the familly over 20 years ago. When she  gave it to me it was just a twig  but now it is a fair size tree that attracts millions of orchard  bees every year.  The lady passed on years ago but I often think about her  when I'm around the plant so it's priceless to me. Cheers!

Posted - July 26, 2020

Responses

I have a Christmas cactus that’s over 100 years old.  It belonged to my mom’s grandmother. 

July 26, 2020 10:25 PM MDT

Wow that's way cool. I have a few of them I have mine outside right now and I will move them back in the house in the fall. Cheers!
      July 27, 2020 8:38 AM MDT

All mine are outside as well.  I usually bring everyone into the garage around halloween.
      July 27, 2020 12:05 PM MDT

Your story, itself, is priceless.

I grow with all the flowers and trees I plant.  I have placed some in precarious places to grab on, and others to challenge their existence.  
    I feel terrible for those. 
    All of them have taught me things about themselves individually and globally.
    They ALL have their own plantalitites. ;) :)
    I love them all.
    I don't have a favorite with sentimental reasons at the moment.  I have given some and hope they do to their human counterparts.

This post was edited by Merlin at July 27, 2020 9:58 AM MDT
      July 27, 2020 9:56 AM MDT