Active Now

Malizz
my2cents
Shuhak
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » AMAZING! Out of the blue a pal says "HI THERE" to you and changes your mood from sour/dour to happy. With TWO WORDS! How come?

AMAZING! Out of the blue a pal says "HI THERE" to you and changes your mood from sour/dour to happy. With TWO WORDS! How come?

Posted - July 27, 2020

Responses

How come?

You've almost answered it in the question - a surprise happy greeting from a friend, distracting you from wallowing in gloom! :-)

July 29, 2020 5:54 PM MDT

I guess that must be it Durdle. It happened a couple of days ago and all of a sudden I felt cheerier. Then I thought "WHY"? It's just two words. Neither one especially fantastic. Good serviceable words of course but still "Hi there" isn't  poetry or philosophy or some great discovery. So I guess it has to do with whom you are and how you handle life? Two words. "Hi there Durdle". You know what though? I know I'm very much into words and always have been but I suspect many people just use them without really "feeling" them or even meaning them. SIGH. Thank you for your reply and Happy Thursday! STAY SAFE! :)
      July 30, 2020 2:07 AM MDT

I met my friend Jack on an airplane. I said "Hi, Jack!" and got arrested.
      July 29, 2020 6:52 PM MDT

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! You're my first stop of the day R. Just the way I like it. Start with laughter. That's gotta mean something good right? Too funny. In all my born days that never occurred to me! Of course I don't remember ever meeting a "jack"! Thanks for the boost/kick start to my Thursday! What could be a better portent for the rest of the day? Happy Thursday to thee and thine and well you know..STAY SAFE! :)
      July 30, 2020 1:54 AM MDT