Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Randy D
Discussion » Questions » Music » A multi-faceted question about my favorite group "Simple Minds"

A multi-faceted question about my favorite group "Simple Minds"

I am just wondering if you might have a song, or songs, that you really like from Simple Minds? Their "Don't You (Forget About Me)" was certainly huge. Yet, my favorite song of theirs [off my favorite album of theirs, "Street Fighting Years" (and I like all of their albums) ], is "Belfast Child." This "Belfast Child" song is stunning for me, as is the entire album. I've been playing the album over and over in the last couple of days..

I highly recommend the entire "Street Fighting Years" album if you've never listened to it.
:)

"Don't You (Forget About Me)"

"Belfast Child"

Posted - July 28, 2020

Responses

Funny finding this here! ;)
      August 14, 2022 4:28 PM MDT

I'm glad you found it. :)  Coincidentally, I've been listening to the album again lately and now just saw your answer. :)

Other than Randy D liking it, and your kind answer, no one checked out my over-two-years-old question.
    And I don't care. Everyone else's loss if they don't listen,

And I know you've said that you've listened to the entire album, too -- made my day better.

God - - just Jim Kerr's opening vocals on "Belfast Child" up there - - what a clear wonderful voice. Chills up and down my back as I type and listen.

Be Well.  :) 
      August 20, 2022 7:22 PM MDT