Active Now

Flint Ironstag
Discussion » Questions » Human Behavior » The last time you didn’t do something that you were supposed to do, why didn’t you and what was it?

The last time you didn’t do something that you were supposed to do, why didn’t you and what was it?

When telemarketers call, my wife doesn’t answer the phone because they get her all flustered and she just doesn’t like dealing with them.  She wants me to follow her lead, which I usually do, but there are times that I will answer and engage with them.  Sometimes there is no one on the other end, it’s a robocall, and I just hang up.  My wife assumes that her anxiety with dealing with telemarketers is universal (meaning that since she is my wife, she believes that I should think and feel exactly the same way that she does), she then gets flustered with me after I hang up the phone from talking with them. I assure her that I’m not bothered by talking with them at all, but to no avail; she would rather I don’t answer.  That’s been a long-standing quasi-“agreement” around here for almost a year that we don’t answer telemarketers‘ calls.
  Then I retired, so nowadays I’m home more, and I’m around her more. I didn’t ignore a telemarketer’s call yesterday and answered it just because. She just rolled her eyes at me but she didn’t say anything. 

Posted - July 29, 2020

Responses

Shhhhhhh, don't remind me.  :  )
      July 29, 2020 6:41 AM MDT

July 29, 2020 7:08 AM MDT

• The master bedroom at home needs painting and has been topping my list of Things I Just Don't Want To Do for months now.  I hang my head low every time I walk past the one wall that I did manage to prep. You said you're retired now right?

July 29, 2020 6:53 AM MDT

Hey, wait . . .

July 29, 2020 7:08 AM MDT

Pay a doctor bill. I forgot.
      July 29, 2020 8:27 AM MDT

An errand.  I forgot.  Will do tomorrow.
      July 29, 2020 3:10 PM MDT