Active Now

Element 99
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Are you a fan of slime? Ever reach inside a pumpkin with your BARE HAND and pull out all that squishy slime? Did you barf?

Are you a fan of slime? Ever reach inside a pumpkin with your BARE HAND and pull out all that squishy slime? Did you barf?

Posted - July 30, 2020

Responses

I thought it was fun when we did it with the kids.
      July 30, 2020 3:36 PM MDT

I always used a spoon. I couldn't bear to touch any of it. Only a couple of times at Halloween did I ever do it and it was NOT something I looked forward to at all. Thank you for your reply E. I guess that makes me a wuss! :( This post was edited by RosieG at July 31, 2020 8:12 AM MDT
      July 31, 2020 1:51 AM MDT

I've gutted many a pumpkin (and banana squash).  One has to clean the guts off the seeds by hand so that you can toast 'em.  It never bothered me a bit.
      July 30, 2020 4:37 PM MDT

You are brave m'dear. The few times I did that I used a spoon and I discarded everything inside including the seeds. i literally could not stomach it! Squishy slimy is something I can't take. A nightmare job for me would be gutting pumpkins by hand! AARRGGHH! Are there pumpkin gutters I wonder? What would they get paid? It doesn't matter. I wouldn't last a minute. Thank you for your reply and Happy Friday Shuhak! :)
      July 31, 2020 1:54 AM MDT

My younger brother could slice open the back end of a chicken that had been killed and plucked then stick his hand in and pull out the guts. 
    That was something I could not do.
      July 31, 2020 8:11 AM MDT

Whoa! Oh my goodness Kg. I think mebbe guys are less squeamish than gals? I mean they go fishing and clean the fish right? I remember when I was a little girl we had chickens in the backyard. My folks had a large backyard with a vegetable garden and chicken coop and even an incinerator. In those days we just put our paper trash inside and burn it up. Anyway I remember once when my grandfather and grandmother came over my grandfather killed a couple of the chickens and MY GRANDMOTHER did the rest! You know what that means right? My small sweet grandmother had no problem with it. Not me. I could not ever do that. Well I suppose if I were starving I would. Could you watch your brother do it or did you have to leave or look away? Thank you for your reply Kg and Happy Saturday to thee. Elsewise how are you and your family doing these days? Very well I hope under the circumstances?
      August 1, 2020 2:56 AM MDT

I had no problem watching the operation but as a choice to do that... no thanks! 
      August 1, 2020 7:41 AM MDT

I think I'd have a problem but never having been tested I don't really know. Anyway I'm not anxious to find out! Thank you for your reply Kg! :) This post was edited by RosieG at August 1, 2020 8:17 AM MDT
      August 1, 2020 8:01 AM MDT

I don't think it's that disgusting. I am infinitely more grossed out by the chicken scenario described by Kittigate.
      July 31, 2020 8:14 AM MDT