Discussion » Questions » Current Events and News » Between today’s date and December 31, 2020, what are some high-profile events that can already be anticipated to be drastically different

Between today’s date and December 31, 2020, what are some high-profile events that can already be anticipated to be drastically different

due to COVID19 than in past years?

Back-to-school
Sports seasons
Holiday celebrations 
Vacationing
Movie debuts
Harvesting of crops
School semesters

Which others?
~

Posted - July 30, 2020

Responses

The US Open. Many top players are boycotting it.
      July 30, 2020 8:03 PM MDT

Tennis or golf?
      July 31, 2020 7:22 AM MDT

Tennis, which is held around Labor Day. The golf event is held in June.
      July 31, 2020 9:33 AM MDT

• NFL is a big one.  I just don't fathom how the league thinks it is going to work. There are baseball teams having trouble controlling the spread and that is a sport where contact outside of glove tags is extremely minimal. I'm picturing a fumble where 15 guys pile onto each other.  The water boys are going to have to rush the field armed with cans of Lysol after every play. 
      July 31, 2020 5:55 AM MDT

I agree with you 100%. I’m a fan of pro football, it’s my favorite spectator sport, and I doubt there will even be a season this year. Just look at what’s happening with pro sports overall, such as your example of how the baseball season is limping along, and it’s a foretelling of football’s probabilities. The fact that certain players are already opting out, certain players are already being diagnosed positive, the empty stands, the drop in revenues just like all other sectors of the economy, the up and down information roller coaster of how to best manage the virus, etc. All of these stacked one on top of the other and new factors emerging left and right, it’s unlikely that pro football will take place this year. 
    ~

July 31, 2020 9:27 AM MDT

Black Friday?
    My birthday. (69) This post was edited by Element 99 at July 31, 2020 9:33 AM MDT
      July 31, 2020 7:22 AM MDT