Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » If we could KNOW what other people really think about us and feel would it do more harm than good or much good?

If we could KNOW what other people really think about us and feel would it do more harm than good or much good?

It seems some folks are very hard on themselves and never given themselves a break as they give others.

Of course that is offset by those know everything are never wrong who never apologize.

At least that way liars would never get away with fooling people as they do.

The verbal a**kisser would be exposed as a LIAR out to get what he could by any means possible INCLUDING LYING LYING LYING LYING LYING.

Feelings would be hurt sometimes of course. There is always that chance. But isn't truth worth it?

Posted - August 5, 2020

Responses

We are all hard on ourselves.  A lot of people care what others think of them.  The funny thing is that they really don’t care.  They care about us as much as we care about them.  Are they really looking at us?  Do they see that one out of place hair?  Do we see it on them?  Not really.  They, like us, have too many other concerns running around in their heads.

There are those who obsess over what others think of them.  Many of these are people who desperately need attention (for one reason or another).  They will lie, flatter and manipulate others just so they think that they are making a good impression.   Problem is, they are so busy trying to look good that they become blind to what they’re doing… even if others aren’t.

August 5, 2020 1:06 PM MDT

You said this very truly. Each and every one of us have our own set of feelings. Sometimes it's hard to really put it together.
      August 5, 2020 1:13 PM MDT

:):):)
      August 6, 2020 2:36 AM MDT

We have so much in common Shuhak despite our vast difference in age but I'm not sure you can relate to this. As a painfully shy child who LOVED learning and school I wanted so much to be "like the other kids". I skipped some grades which further exacerbated things. I was younger and not as socially developed as the other kids. I wanted to be able to just reach out to them as they did to one another but there was no way that was ever going to happen. I cared what they thought of me. Now and for many years I do not care at all. That is to say of course I would prefer that folks "like" me but I'm not willing to do anything phony or fake or whatever to get that. I figger if I am totally me then anyone who encounters me will always know what he/she is going to get. I don't have to remember lies I told for one thing if I don't tell any. I say what I think and except for anything relating to the pandemic pumpkina**, his toady sycophants and adoring worshippers I do not WANT to hurt anyone. It's just where I am and have been for several decades now. You know what I just realized? When it began. I was about 50 and my whole life I tried to please my mom. I was always a little short of it no matter what I did. Finally I decided to stop cold turkey. It freed me and I've been free ever since. I'm going to ask. Thank you for your thoughtful reply and Happy Thursday! :)
      August 6, 2020 2:36 AM MDT