Active Now

Spunky
Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » If both your parents were awesomely wonderful this question is not for you. For others?

If both your parents were awesomely wonderful this question is not for you. For others?

Did you have a parent or possibly both whom you could never quite please no matter how hard you tried?

My dad was awesome great in that regard. Always bolstering me and supporting me and helping me to feel better about myself. As a very shy child I sure needed that.

My mom bless her heart was not quite as kind. I think she just didn't know how NOT to criticize about everything all the time. I could never be or do 100% of anything. I was always not quite there where she expected me to be.

I gave up trying when I was 50.

If you can relate when did you give up trying to please a parent or anyone that never seemed satisfied or content or happy with your performance?

Posted - August 6, 2020

Responses

Mum was perfect.

Dad played favourites and I wasn't it.
      August 6, 2020 2:58 AM MDT

So yours was in reverse. You totally get what it's like. SIGH. I know you and Maureen aren't like that. We learn sometimes (sadly) what NOT TO BE as much as what to be. Thank you for yuor reply R and Happy Friday to thee (my thursday) and thine! STAY SAFE! :)
      August 6, 2020 3:59 AM MDT