Active Now

Pet Eater
WelbyQuentin
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » If someone you intensely disliked were drowning literally or figuratively would you throw him/her a lifeline or turn around and walk away?

If someone you intensely disliked were drowning literally or figuratively would you throw him/her a lifeline or turn around and walk away?

Because how come why?

Posted - August 9, 2020

Responses

I honestly could not turn and walk away. It doesn't mean I'd be friends with them after, depending on how things go, but I couldn't live with myself knowing I turned them away from a life saver. I generally care about others, even if they don't care about me.
      August 9, 2020 1:55 PM MDT

You do? Oh my dear I can't care about or respect anyone who disrespects me. I know that is the noble way of going through life but I am not noble. I don't take anything from  folks without calling them on it. And honestly I don't understand how people are able to do it. Now I do not believe in revenge or retaliation. I just believe in moving on and not giving someone a second chance to be rude or dismissive or pompous or condescending. SIGH. Now as to my question? If it's figurative I'd let 'em "drown" figuratively. But if it is literal and a life were at stake I don't believe I could walk away. I would seek help if I could not do it alone on my own. I think being honest is the most important thing to me. Truthful. Honorable. That means you don't pretend about anything. I'm rambling. Apologies. Thank you for your reply Nighwolf! I don't forgive. That's my bad. It's not in me. If someone goes out of his/her way to hurt me that's it. I'm done. Why give anyone a second chance to harm/hurt me again? A defect in me I guess. :(
      August 10, 2020 2:07 AM MDT

I’d help them.  Jesus said to do to others what you want them to do to you.  I try to live by that.

August 9, 2020 3:58 PM MDT

Sometimes it's hard, or we don't understand why others are so unkind to us, but what you say is very true, and it may even give them a nice surprise of how kindness feels. You are one kind dog!
      August 9, 2020 4:06 PM MDT

It can be excessively hard.   Our first instinct is, "they get what they deserve".   What we need to think is, "would I really want them to have that attitude towards me if I were in need?".   

August 9, 2020 4:45 PM MDT

If it's figurative I'd let them "drown". If it's literal I expect I'd seek help. I doubt I could live with a death on my hands. SIGH. But you KNOW such folks would let you drown literally. Oh well. Who said life is fair? Thank you for your reply Shuhak and happy Monday! :)
      August 10, 2020 2:09 AM MDT

Even if they let me down or wouldn’t reciprocate, I'd still do it.  Someone has to be the bigger person. 

August 10, 2020 12:49 PM MDT

I believe you Shuhak. Thank you for your reply m'dear. How often have folks disappointed you in that they did not reciprocate in like kind? Ever regret being kind to some who then knifed you in the back? :)
      August 11, 2020 2:22 AM MDT

In most cases I'd throw the line, but I wouldn't stick around to make sure they got back to shore safely.

In a couple of cases, I'd have to think about it. If my son's ex was on fire, I'd throw gasoline. She neglected my grandchildren.
      August 9, 2020 4:33 PM MDT

Excellent point R. IT DEPENDS on the baggage the drowning person is carrying. Neglecting children is unforgivable in my opinion. Thank you for your reply. I'm going to ask a followup question. You'll know which one.
      August 10, 2020 2:11 AM MDT

I would help them.  If I could. But I could never just walk away. 
      August 9, 2020 4:49 PM MDT

Thank you for your reply m2c and Happy Monday to thee and thine! STAY SAFE! :)
      August 10, 2020 2:00 AM MDT

I would even help trump.
      August 9, 2020 5:29 PM MDT

Me too but after he was out of danger I would probally claim that he needs artifical respiration then spit in his mouth. Cheers!
      August 9, 2020 5:41 PM MDT

:):):)
      August 10, 2020 3:59 AM MDT

If it's figurative I'd let him "drown". If it is literal I'd probably seek help to save him. But you KNOW he would let you drown literally don't you? I'm gonna ask. Thank you for your reply E.
      August 10, 2020 2:12 AM MDT