Active Now

Malizz
Randy D
my2cents
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Jobs » Now that many have spent more time at home, would you consider working from your home or would you miss interacting with society?

Now that many have spent more time at home, would you consider working from your home or would you miss interacting with society?

Posted - August 9, 2020

Responses

I will still prefer to go in to work than continue to work from home. It’s not the social interaction I miss really, because I do still talk to me colleagues everyday through go to meetings and such, maybe more than we actually talked in office. I like my office space though, I have comfy chair, and a desk that can stand or sit..I have my own mini fridge and a good view in there too. Sitting on couch all day to work sounds great until you actually have to do it. 
      August 9, 2020 1:09 PM MDT

What did you usually keep in the mini fridge at your office?
    ~

August 9, 2020 4:00 PM MDT

I was wondering that as well.
    ;) :) !!
      August 9, 2020 4:07 PM MDT

Vodka. 
      August 9, 2020 7:28 PM MDT

I’m calling H.R. 

:(

August 9, 2020 7:53 PM MDT

Happy! Happy!
    It is wonderful you have a beautiful office and feel free in your work space "at work."  I didn't stop working during this pandemic but I know I would miss, terribly, not being allowed to go to outside.
    If I had had such a comfortable place as your office sounds, I would definitely look forward going back to it, also.
    Good for you VerucaSalt #W.I.N.
    I wish you all the best in your endevours!
    :) :)
      August 9, 2020 4:07 PM MDT

August 9, 2020 7:28 PM MDT

I love working at home. Commuting in a large city is stressful, and I don't miss it.
      August 9, 2020 1:13 PM MDT

I can see how that would be very stressful and tiresome.  
    I like you anyway I can get you but am extremely happy when I know you are relaxed and safe.
      August 9, 2020 4:09 PM MDT

At first, I hated working from home, but I've gotten used to it now and I would rather be home than in the office.  I can wake up two hours later, have my coffee at my leisure, get dressed when/if I feel like it, don't need to put on makeup.  I'm a fairly solitary person, so I really don't miss the lack of social interaction and I definitely don't miss commuting to and from work.  I plan to work at home for as long as they will let me.  
      August 9, 2020 1:47 PM MDT

Totally Awesome Spunky Senior.
    Good for you!
    You deserve it!
      August 9, 2020 4:11 PM MDT

It’s a moot point for me since they forced me into mandatory early retirement a couple of months ago, but my choice would have been to work at the office. I wasn’t in a 100% desk job, I worked the field a lot and in addition to my coworkers, I interacted with a LOT of people out there. I miss that too. 

~

This post was edited by Randy D at August 10, 2020 6:56 AM MDT
      August 9, 2020 4:05 PM MDT

I'm sure you are outstanding in any field you choose. ;) :)
    I would also miss the interaction with people.  I am a people person and happen to think there are many more good than bad.  At least, I like to surround myself with "the good."
    In both my chosen jobs, or careers, or work, anything you would like to describe them, they do interact with others.  A select few and not general society, per say, but I enjoy listening, laughing, and sharing our lives.
    I am sure I would miss interacting with others if I were absolutely working out of my home and restricted 24/7.
    I like people too much to be restricted from them for too long.
    Good for you, Randy D.
      August 9, 2020 4:17 PM MDT

I'm back in the office now, and I prefer it. In winter, at least. There was nowhere under the main roof at home where I could set up my desk, so I was in the "man cave". Chilly. My back doesn't like cold, Arthur lets me know alllllll about it.
      August 9, 2020 4:20 PM MDT

Can't work from home.
    Am a General Contractor
    always going to the job...
      August 10, 2020 6:53 AM MDT