Active Now

WelbyQuentin
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Homo saps are wired WEIRD. Millions don't value life and refuse to do anything to protect it. They eat anything that tastes good.. WHY?

Homo saps are wired WEIRD. Millions don't value life and refuse to do anything to protect it. They eat anything that tastes good.. WHY?

They do not give a RAT'S A** what they put into their bodies or the bodies of their victimized children.

If they eat crap that's what they feed their kids. Then the kds bcome obese and have many health problems and the parents can't figure out why. They are also obese and have many illnesses but still they eat junk they eat crap and they don't have a clue how the two are related. Wired weird or just don't care?

Posted - August 10, 2020

Responses

USA food manufacturers put a lot of  in food that the rest of the world doesn't.  High fructose corn syrup, which is something I try to avoid, is the first thing that comes to mind.  Why do they do that?  It might be because they want people to eat more and more of it, that would be my guess, but of course food company execs would deny that.  We'd just rather lecture people about personal responsibility if they become overweight or obese, because that works so well, instead of just being like most other countries and not putting all of those chemicals and additives in our food.

August 10, 2020 9:42 AM MDT

This is AWESOME Liv. Thank you for so very much for going to trouble to show us PRECISELY what I meant. I think some people believe the longer the ingredient list the more good things are in there. We who KNOW obviously think that's crazy nuts. The smaller the list of ingredients it is the healthier it is. Breyeer's Strawberry Ice Cream has  milk strawberries cream sugar whey vegetable gum. The only cottage cheese we eat is DAISY which has cultured skim milk, cream, salt. We never eat KNUDSEN. It has ingredients we don't need. The only yogurt we eat is the Walmart Store Brand whole milk plain yogurt.The single Ingredient? CULTURED PASTEURIZE GRADE A MILK If you read labels assiduously which I always do you don't come home with junk. I can look at the SIZE of the ingredient list and know if I'm interested to read the label. We eat nothing whose dyes have a number attached to them. Beets and carrots can add color to foods without being carcinogenic. Hydrogenated and partially hydrogenated oils are in everything. We buy nothing that has it since they contain TRANS FATS which can cause heart attacks, strokes and even Type 2 Diabetes. Why doesn't everyone read labels? THEY JUST DO NOT GIVE a darn about what they eat. They just don't. That is why OBESITY affects so huge a percent of our population in the US. Childhood obesity is rampant here. Obese parents have obese kids. They don't care a fig about that either.  Happy Tuesday and STAY SAFE!:).
      August 11, 2020 6:39 AM MDT