Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Do people of the same gender work better together than people of mixed genders? Prez and veep ALWAYS MALES. Next one mixed?

Do people of the same gender work better together than people of mixed genders? Prez and veep ALWAYS MALES. Next one mixed?

Last but not least TWO FEMALES?

What could it hurt? What ya got ta lose? Everyone says so. Lock her up. Send her back. Build the wall. Go pound mud.

Posted - August 10, 2020

Responses

I agree - generally speaking men and women compliment each other, as in each brings something to the workplace environment that adds to the greater good. 
      August 10, 2020 11:01 AM MDT

Yes I've gotten along well with both and there were a couple of both genders who were not my cuppa tea. Thank you for your reply Addb. Ever have a FAVORITE boss? Which gender?
      August 11, 2020 2:13 AM MDT

Ah, no not really had any good bosses, male or female.. The one where I work now, I could have sworn she was an angel when she hired me.. she gave me a chance when others didn't. I was very grateful and still am... but as time went on.. things became horrible and culminated around 2 years ago in the worst possible experience, which made me very ill and nearly broke me.. I did survive and she is gone.. but it is a time still too fresh in memory for me! The one before that was a man, a chef, very temperamental. He'd bully people and make them cry.. I stood up to him, he didn't like that.. so things didn't go well!
      August 12, 2020 12:10 PM MDT

No.  Many people prefer to work with people of the same gender, but not all.

I’ve worked with both genders, and frankly, I work much better with women than with men.  Most men tend to have machismo; something I cannot stand. 

August 10, 2020 1:11 PM MDT

I've had mostly male bosses but I did have one female. Well it was the couple who owned the McDonald's franchises for whom I worked. The wife was my direct boss. She could be so sweet and kind and thoughtful. She could also be the exact opposite. You never knew which iteration would show up. I worked there for ten years and I learned to always have on hand in my top left desk drawer a bottle of VITAMIN B COMPLEX. I visited a health food store and said I had a "blows hot and blows cold" boss and was there anything "safe and benign" I could take when she was having a bad day? The gal smiled and said there was. So I bought a bottle and the store managers (there were 7 of them..they had 7 stores in southern California) always knew where I kept the bottle and they all knew they never had to ASK me if they could take one. They could come into my office open the drawer, get a pill without ever saying a word. It worked quite well. Now what did the pill do for me? Very little really except that I found I reacted less to her outbursts. It calmed me so I would become less agitated'aggravated. Could it have been all in my mind because that is what I expected would happen? It could but so what? Thank you for your reply Shuhak. Oh every year in every job I ever had there were annual audits. There was one young auditor in her early 20's..her name was Micki. Oh she was brilliant and taught me a lot. She was a great "boss" during the time of each yearly audit. I adored her. So working "for" a woman, even one young enough to be my daughter, was never a problem for me.  I am drawn to SMART people no matter the age or gender! :) This post was edited by RosieG at August 12, 2020 12:06 PM MDT
      August 11, 2020 2:10 AM MDT

Vitamin B (B6 & B12 especially) is said to help calm anxiety.
      August 11, 2020 9:43 PM MDT

Vitamin B COMPLEX is what the health food store gal told me. When you take just one type it's stronger and is usually for vitamin deficiency. At least that is what she me. Thank you for your reply Shuhak! :)
      August 12, 2020 1:59 AM MDT

I think it's not only impossible, but mindless to generalize.
      August 11, 2020 9:49 PM MDT

You just did. Generalize.
      August 12, 2020 2:00 AM MDT

I do not have any horrible boss stories.  I had bosses of both genders.  I have found as long as you do your job....how they want it done.  They stay happy.  

For most of my life I have worked in my own business with my husband.  We complement each other.  I can do what he cannot and he can do what I cannot (or at least not on a daily basis)   We each now our job and do it. If one slacks or disagrees, we may argue a little but we get it worked out. 
      August 12, 2020 12:32 PM MDT