Active Now

Malizz
Spunky
Zack
my2cents
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Per the panicky pandemic pumpkina** "The Spanish Flu probably ended WW 2". Are you a supporter of his in this particular specific 'factoid"?

Per the panicky pandemic pumpkina** "The Spanish Flu probably ended WW 2". Are you a supporter of his in this particular specific 'factoid"?

The Spanish Flu was in 1918 to 1920 I believe.

World War 2 ended in 1945.

So it lay dormant for decades and then its impact his the beaches at guadalcanal and Normany and magically disappeared taking the war with it?

I dunno. That's quite a stretch.

Nevertheless I betcha millions of the panicky pandemic pumpkina** believe every word and will tell tthat to their children who will tell that to their children who will tell that to their children.

AMAZING. Not in a good way.

Posted - August 11, 2020

Responses

Trump is not known for his grasp of American history.  Remember he said something about airplanes in the Revolutionary War?  What a yutz!
      August 11, 2020 11:49 AM MDT

An embarrassment a shameful painful humiliator. Every moment of every day. Day after day after day after days for going on FOUR YEARS. I do not know how much a body can take of this. Do you? Thank you for your reply L and Happy Tuesday! :)
      August 11, 2020 12:11 PM MDT

It will be interesting to see how his spin doctor try to spin  it - like will they say  he was just joking  or something like that.  Cheers!
      August 11, 2020 12:41 PM MDT

Obviously he meant WWI.  And the Spanish Flu did shorten the WWI.  

https://www.kumc.edu/wwi/medicine/influenza.html

https://www.theguardian.com/science/grrlscientist/2014/jul/30/influenza-pandemic-1918-viruses-biology-medicine-history

Obama visited all 57 states.  Do I believe he thinks there are 57 states or that he misspoke?  He misspoke..it happens. 
      August 11, 2020 1:24 PM MDT

It was not  "Spanish" though.

It was called that only because Spain was neutral in WW1 so its Press was not censored, and covered the progress of the influenza in Spain while other nations kept quiet about their own situations.

I don't know if its real origin has been established, but its rapid spread is considered a result of very large numbers of soldiers returning home to many countries, at the War's end.  

Officially, diseases are no longer named after countries; nor presumably towns, like Lyme.
      August 11, 2020 5:17 PM MDT