Discussion » Questions » Communication » What is a "Social Justice Warrior"?

What is a "Social Justice Warrior"?

#Millenials?

Posted - October 9, 2016

Responses

SJW is an ironic term to refer to an armchair activist i.e. someone who points out the injustices in the world, but usually does nothing more than tweet or share posts about it. They're also people who think that we should trigger warn for literally everything, who believe staring at someone is equivalent to raping them, and who believe that we should be allowed to walk around naked without being stared at. SJWs are scum since they usually are just flat out liberals and aren't radical at all.

Unfortunately people misuse SJW and use it to additionally refer to people who actually do care about actual social justice and not the BS "let's trigger-warn pomegranates" (yes I've seen that happen before) crap. It's even cringier when people self-identify as one. 

Let me put it this way. 
    A SJW would vote for Hillary "because she is a woman." 
    A social justice activist would vote for Bernie because he actually cares about social justice.
    A REAL social justice activist would be a communist because then they'd actually care about the class struggle and liberation of the peoples from bourgeois and imperialist oppression. 
      October 9, 2016 8:10 AM MDT