Active Now

ENG / LLVF - formerly of AB
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » I'm going out on a limb I hope doesn't get chopped off. I'd like a list of muggers who have been banned! WHY?

I'm going out on a limb I hope doesn't get chopped off. I'd like a list of muggers who have been banned! WHY?

So I can stop worrying about whether they are very ill or even worse dead.

What could it hurt to be given that info? What law would it break? What evil would it create/generate?

Would you like to have such a list so that YOU can stop worrying too? Why wouldn't you?

Posted - August 14, 2020

Responses

That would require breaking rules about users/former users privacy.  We do not discuss the moderation of users with other users out of respect for their privacy. 
    It would be wrong to post that user XYZ was banned for this violation and that user not be allowed to defend his/herself. 

Very few users are banned that I know of (I have been a mod for 4 years) so anything before that I do not know who or why.  Many user realize they do not like the rules here and leave on their own. 

There are times when a user brings their moderation up on their own in which case we will sometimes respond. 
      August 14, 2020 5:26 AM MDT

Knowing why they were banned is none of my business. I don't care. What I do care about is knowing they are no longer here because they are banned. That is all I'm after. With the virus hanging over everyone's head WORLDWIDE aren't you wondering too? OLD SCHOOL is banned. Sharon is banned. Those are two I know of. Why they are banned who cares? I happen to know OLD SCHOOL is fine because you know he is like my second son and my son's best friend. He is the one who told me that Sharon was banned. It's just simple courtesy in my opinion. Breaking rules is not rigid here m2c and you know it. Some folks get away with MURDER because their views happen to coincide with the views of the powers that be. That is human nature and I cannot argue with human nature even though it infuriates me from time to time. As the self-described extreme stable wise genius said "IT IS WHAT IT IS". Okay. I'm done. Your move. This post was edited by RosieG at August 14, 2020 2:18 PM MDT
      August 14, 2020 5:42 AM MDT

We do the best we can. Nothing is removed based on "agreeing with the powers that be".  Just on the Terms of service.

JustAsking is very liberal. I am very conservative. Not sure how anyone can agree with both.
      August 14, 2020 6:05 AM MDT

Well I see you from the outside. You live on the inside. Of course our views can't possibly be in concert m2c. You believe completely that what you do is the correct thing or you would not do it. I, as an observer, take exception to some of what has been done in the name of "keeping within the terms". How you see things and how I see them isn't the same. You will never back my view up at all ever if it is in conflict with yours. Here's the thing. A very good friend of yours mouths off at someone you dislike. Do you really think you will be strict with your pal as you are with the person whom you never liked? C'mon. You are only human. Rationalization and justification are part of being a human. As far as I know you are human and therefore subject to making mistakes. That's the bottom line. Now if I am out of line for saying what I just said than have your way with me. Suspend me. Or forgive me.  Come down hard on me or let it slide. Whatever. IT IS WHAT IT IS. 100% FAIR is not available here. Is it ever available anywhere? Doubtful. This post was edited by RosieG at August 14, 2020 2:19 PM MDT
      August 14, 2020 6:13 AM MDT

I have had to moderate friends many times.  
    But please if you see anyone making personal comments to/about other users please send me a message.  We can omly moderate what we see and we ask for users to help by reporting or sending a message. 
      August 14, 2020 7:00 AM MDT

I have NEVER ONCE REPORTED ANYONE anywhere including during my years on Answerbag m2c. I can fight my own battles. The wussy wimps who can't go running to mommy and daddy to "fix" it. I am not like that at all. I do not admire those who are whinya** finks. Not my cuppa tea. Cowards all. Thank you for your reply.
      August 15, 2020 2:53 AM MDT

If there is a specific user you are worried about you might message JA and she maybe able to attempt contact. 
    I know she has done that for me at in the past.
      August 14, 2020 5:30 AM MDT

There is. NICE JUGS. I am very worried. Do you know why she disappeared m2c? Thank you for your reply. This virus thing is so very scary. SIGH.  Fingers crossed she is okay.
      August 14, 2020 5:39 AM MDT

I will mention her to JA and tell her you are worried. 
      August 14, 2020 6:56 AM MDT

Thanks. That would be a kind thing to do. SIGH. Happy Saturday to you and yours m2c.
      August 15, 2020 2:50 AM MDT

Perhaps JA or m2c can confirm or refute this. I believe that if you click on a user name and cannot access the profile, that user is banned or suspended from the site.
      August 14, 2020 5:43 AM MDT

I've pushed the boundaries, had a few posts deleted. Haven't been banned yet.

I've posted a pair of boobies

A pair of great tits

A nice ass

A complete bitch

And even a Dick pic or two

Haven't been banned yet.
      August 14, 2020 7:48 AM MDT

I don't know how I missed this but aparently office girl brought it back to life! You know what gets folks banned? Standing up for themselves or others. AND NOT BACKING DOWN. Sigh. All of the above are very cute and impersonal. Anyway you're an Aussie and the powers that be target AMERICANS. I don't know of any non-American who have been banned. Doesn't mean they weren't of course. Thank you for your reply R and sorry for the long delay in responding I never saw this. Thanks to office girl for resuscitating it! Happy Tuesday. Still got huge bonfires ablazing in your country? :( This post was edited by RosieG at December 8, 2020 1:57 AM MST
      December 8, 2020 1:55 AM MST

I'm going to do an all-in-one response rather than respond to a bunch of things individually. 

I sent Nice Jugs a direct /off-site message. If she replies and provides me with any details I can share, I will post them here. 

We don't discuss the moderation issues of others as a rule unless you are personally the victim of harassment or a threat. Otherwise, we'd be sharing someone's private issues, even if that is just mentioning that they've been removed from the site. If they want people to know, they will tell them. Discussing someone's removal from the site is bad blood. They're not here to discuss it and it's not appropriate for us to be discussing them behind their back. 

As far as how that might help you identify if someone is ok... it really doesn't tell you anything anyway. They could be removed and not fine. They could be fine and just not active, in which case hearing that they haven't been removed could cause undue worry regardless. 

I should also note that the way a profile looks does not necessarily indicate a member's status on the site. Profiles can display a number of ways depending on privacy settings and some settings will look identical to how a profile looks when it has been deactivated. 

In terms of moderation... I probably sound like a broken record at this point, but the policies and procedures are laid out well and we've historically "stacked the deck" with a diverse pool of moderators. As M2C noted, she and I are quite different in our philosophies and beliefs. Not surprisingly, that also means we tend to engage with different people on the site and see different things. That matters a whole lot because all mods and myself have always been required to log each removal we make and every contact we have with a member when their content has been moderated. That's so we can all review removals and ensure the policies are being evenly applied across the board. Furthermore, no real members are removed without the moderators voting. Not counting fly-by-night trolls and spammers, I can count each member who has ever been removed from this site on my fingers. Literally, since the site was created, I know every person who was removed by name. I know why they were removed too. That's how rare it is. As an "outsider" who cannot see the logs or the moderator discussions, it's perhaps understandable that some people might think others haven't been followed up with. The only way we could prove that everyone is being followed up with is to out everyone who receives moderation notices... we don't plan to do that. 
      August 14, 2020 2:00 PM MDT

I did not see this when you posted it. Thanks to officegirl I see it now. What jumps out at me is your assessment of the why. You say "we do not talk about others behind their back". Seriously? Worrying about the absence of someone and saying so falls into the realm of
    CARING ABOUT HIM/HER. Not chatty cathy gossip. Not putting a knife in someone's back. Why you would take that tack SHOCKS me. But that is you and you have a right o view things as you do. SO DO I. Just posting a list of those BANNED is the same thing as writing an obituary. INFORMATION about the status of someone for those who care. That's all it is. Nothing underhanded or nefarious or mean or cruel or harmful. Just like any government you have rules you enforce because you can. Just like any human I question those rules because I can. When something doesn't make any sense to me I question it JA. You know me for goodness sakes!. You gave me my own place to ask whatever I wanted to ask. So I do. And I expect truthful answers. If you disappeared wouldn't you want us to inquire among ourselves "What happened to Just Asking? Is she okay?" Would you consider that "talking behind your back"? I'm done. I rest my case. Over and out. Thank you for your reply. Sorry I didn't see it in real time. Hope you and your family are doing fine. Happy Tuesday December 8, 2020! :) Very truly yours.  Rosie G This post was edited by RosieG at December 8, 2020 2:21 AM MST
      December 8, 2020 2:17 AM MST

I have learned not to get personally involved with anyone on a chat site. On answerbag I did sometimes let myself become too involved with a few friends I felt for and what happened is they only eventually blew me off and I thought OK why did I let myself feel so much?  One of them I was even planning to have come and stay with my husband and myself.  Can't just let your feelings take over like that.  Guess because I never had children of my own it is easy for me to adopt young women and want to shape their lives.  Not good.   
      December 7, 2020 9:11 PM MST

You resuscitated something from months ago officegirl which brought me back to it so thank you. Were you just meandering through the past? Anyway thanks and I hope you and your family are safe and stay that way. I' joined Answerbag in February 2005 at the invitation of my son Rich who joined. I'm not a joiner I'm a loner but because he invited me to check it out I did. He also invited his best friend OLD School (my second son) to drop by and check it out as well. Eventually Rich left but OLD SCHOOL and I stayed. When Answerbag shut its doors without any notice some of us baggers migrated over here. OLD SCHOOL came over here first and then told me a few folks here were asking about me so I came over to check it out and I stayed. Now you do the math. Some of us have been pals/friends for YEARS and YEARS. Some folks stay tightly closed and you never get to know how many kids they have or their mates' names or where they live even. They are very suspicious and closed off and that's fine. Others like me are very open and forthcoming and we tell everything there is tell about ourselves. Those are the folks we get VERY CLOSE TO as you can probably understand. I take people as they present themselves expecting that what they do disclose is true. I don't lie so I don't expect others to lie which puts me at a disadvantage sometimes but oh well so what? Attachments are pretty nifty. I can count on my long-time pals to be civil and honest. We get attached to those with whom click bigly and when they disappear it is very scary. Sometimes we get mildly ticked off at our pals but it's always temporary.  I mean I would say goodbye before I left. Just leaving and saying nothing? That's not my style. We all come here for our own reasons. I think there is nothing wrong with being vulnerable. Sure you get hurt but at least you put yourself out there and explore. Sorry for the rambling but I get involved with folks all the time. I want to know all about them. I mean I have pals in Australia in Canada in England in New York in Ohio in Washington...I will never actually visit any of those places literally but virtually? I travel every day. Thanks for answering this old question and giving us a little of yourself in so doing. Stay safe. Happy Tuesday to thee og! :)
      December 8, 2020 2:10 AM MST