Active Now

my2cents
Discussion » Questions » answerMug » Why do we get signed out, if we don't sign ourselves out?

Why do we get signed out, if we don't sign ourselves out?

I hate to sign in constantly. I use an iPad and an iPhone, depending where I am. It is such a pain remembering all my passwords in all the accounts I have. Is there anyway we can stay signed in if we don't sign out?

Posted - October 9, 2016

Responses

• It's still happening to me, about once a day, and I have no idea why either. It was a lot worst than that a week ago!
      October 9, 2016 1:58 PM MDT

Alf, yeah me too.  It is more confusing because my computer has it's own glitches as well, so that makes it doubly confusing.

But, that is nothing compared to a few other glitches on here that are driving me a tad insane. 
      October 9, 2016 2:00 PM MDT

• I understand.
      October 9, 2016 2:04 PM MDT

LOL    alf

they turned me into a generic mug face.   This is just wrong.
      October 9, 2016 2:07 PM MDT

(Separate issue; get your own soapbox, Lady.)

:|
      October 9, 2016 2:42 PM MDT

• I must admit that I don't know a lot about your situation, but from what I've read today, on other post, your problem seems to come from keeping all your photos on a remote site ... like most of us did on AnswerBag, so that we could get past AB's glitches.

From what I read today, if you were to upload these remote files to your computer and then upload them to AnswerMug, they should work fine. As I said, I haven't kept up with your circumstances enough to know exactly what's going on, but I hope you find a way to solve this problem. We all do.
      October 9, 2016 2:43 PM MDT

OMG!  This just cannot be allowed!  OH the horror!!
      October 9, 2016 4:57 PM MDT

(its own)
      October 9, 2016 2:30 PM MDT

• I'm guessing it's triggered by a time not in use function ... If you're not active for a certain period of time you are signed out, believing you haven't logged off target just closed your browser .. it helps to show your true status to other users
      October 9, 2016 2:03 PM MDT

• That's not it.  I can answer one question,  go back to the home page and be logged out.  Or be scrolling the home page click on a question and be logged off.  It's really frustrating. 
      October 9, 2016 2:34 PM MDT

• Ok... That's not what happens at this end ... With me it's a time function ... So far only
      October 9, 2016 2:49 PM MDT

It happens to me too, at least twice or three times a day, and daily when I log back on after waking up in the morning.

Frustration.

~
      October 9, 2016 3:09 PM MDT

Clear your cache. Some of the links listed us as http://answermug.com and others have us as www.answermug.com If you switch how you're entering the site, the new page won't show as being logged in. We set up a redirect on our end to send people to www verses straight http, so if your browser isn't recognizing this, you need to clear your cache so it knows we changed something.

Those of you coming in on beta.answermug.com are SOL... sorry. I only brought you in the back way because you could not clear your caches to begin with. In time, your browsers/ computers will recognize that answerMug is here, and I stongly suggest that you keep trying to come in via www.answerMug.com every couple of days or so, or keep trying to figure out how to clear your cache. If I set up the redirect for you folks, and your cache still wants to send you to the old site, you'll wind up in Mug limbo again. 

Think of it this way. Imagine if your favorite store moved a block away and you usually use your GPS to get there. Your GPS only checks to see if places move every week or month or whatever or it lets you plug it into your PC to scan for updates. So, the first time you use your GPS to go to the store, it takes you to the old location. Now, you have three choices. You can tell your GPS to scan for updates (clear the cache), you can enter the address in as a new destination (beta), or you can cope and wait for your GPS to update the address on its own.

Those of you using the latter two options will continue to have log out issues until you clear your own cache or your cache clears itself. There's nothing we can do on our end to fix it. It has been fixed, but your browsers aren't looking for the update.

October 9, 2016 3:25 PM MDT

~
      October 9, 2016 3:51 PM MDT

i think its cause the computer does it
      October 9, 2016 7:48 PM MDT