Active Now

DannyPetti
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » No one whines about it being MANDATORY to get a DRIVER'S LICENSE before they drive a car. Why the whining about MANDATORY VOTING?

No one whines about it being MANDATORY to get a DRIVER'S LICENSE before they drive a car. Why the whining about MANDATORY VOTING?

Why not REQUIRE it to get the rights and privileges of being an American Citizen?

I don't get it. Too lazya** to vote but not too lazya** to get a hunting license a driver's license a marriage license a license to carry a gun. Or a permit to build add-ons to your existing home. You have to submit blueprints and have them approved before you can change a thing. How many of you moan and groan and whine and kvetch about that? Yet you don't vote..

WHY?

Posted - September 1, 2020

Responses

No one is forced to get a drivers license.  It is not mandatory.  

You choose to drive...then you must get a driver's license.  

If you choose to vote, then you can register to vote. 

Voting is a right of every citizen who has not lost that right. But you should not be forced to excercise that right. 
      September 1, 2020 6:42 AM MDT

Ah, but they do whine about it.  Heck, what don’t people whine about?

No, it shouldn't be mandatory.  When something's mandatory, it becomes a chore.  People hate doing chores.  Therefore, they do it just to get it over with (a quickly as possible).  When it comes to voting, that kind of attitude can have dire consequences. 

People are born whining.  Whether they vote or not they’re going to whine about the outcome.  To people who refuse to vote but demand to whine about it, I say STFU!  You had a chance to “change things”, but you didn’t care enough to even try.  Trying and failing is better than refusing to try at all.

Person X - “there’s too much money in politics!”

Proposition XG19 will ban money in politics.

Person X - “I ain’t voting.  Voting is stupid!”  

Prop XG19 fails.

Person X - “there’s too much money in politics!”

September 1, 2020 5:53 PM MDT

I lead a very sheltered life m'dear. I cannot remember ever hearing anyone whine about having to renew a driver's iicense or getting any of the other licenses required to do anything. But voting? Every possible excuse six ways from Sunday the lazy good-for-nothings will give you. A pox on them. Of what good are they and what value are they? They suck out whatever they can get and spit out what they don't want. Period. Lazy good for nothing deadbeats. Parasites. Thank you for your reply. I'm going to ask. :)
      September 2, 2020 2:06 AM MDT

It's mandatory in Australia. The fine is chicken feed, some diehards choose to pay it.

If you are too lazy to care, it's perfectly legal to submit a blank ballot. It's an "informal vote" and does not contribute to the result.
      September 1, 2020 6:08 PM MDT

Homo saps are so illogical. Very annoying irritating aggravating. Sigh. It's not as if you have to vote every day or every week or every month or even every year for goodness sakes. Too lazy to care. SIGH. And there you have it! Thank you for your reply R and Happy Wednesday to thee and thine. Maybe being lazy is the single most crippling thing about homo sapism? What do you think? I'll ask.
      September 2, 2020 1:49 AM MDT