Active Now

DannyPetti
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » We got our FLU shots yesterday at Kaiser. Earliest ever. Do you plan to get yours too or are you anti vax?

We got our FLU shots yesterday at Kaiser. Earliest ever. Do you plan to get yours too or are you anti vax?

Posted - September 1, 2020

Responses

Only anti that one. It's not even close to universal, so they're only guessing which particular flu bug will bite you.
      September 1, 2020 5:18 AM MDT

Well R when we hit 70 our family doc told us that getting a flu shot every year was MANDATORY for us. We always got one anyone but what with the pumpkina**virus heading for bigger and better victims this fall conbined with the annual flu we will not take a chance. Remember Jim will be 85 and I will be 83. We'd like to stay alive as long as we can and if we told that getting a flu shot will facilitate that we get the flu shot. Thank you for your reply and Happy Tuesday/Wednesday to thee and thine! :)
      September 1, 2020 5:23 AM MDT

Mine's arranged - the Health Centre did that for me, sending a letter with four dates to choose from, and reporting instructions in line with its Covid precautions.  

The latter includes having to queue in the staff car-park, so we could be outside the building for quite a while. In that case I am not sure what happens if we want to "spend a penny" - I'll have to make sure I go before I go out otherwise I'll be wanting to "go" when I've got there!
      September 1, 2020 3:53 PM MDT

Yes, I plan to get it.  However, I probably won’t get it until October.  I’ve been told numerous times by numerous doctors that the earlier you get it the earlier it “wears off”.  And before anyone carps, yes it DOES “wear off”; otherwise we wouldn’t have to get it every year.

September 1, 2020 5:19 PM MDT