Active Now

Malizz
Element 99
CosmicWunderkind
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Are your kids back in school or will be soon? Or is the learning still going to be done virtually for the time being?

Are your kids back in school or will be soon? Or is the learning still going to be done virtually for the time being?

Posted - September 5, 2020

Responses

It is up to the parents here. 
      September 5, 2020 10:22 AM MDT

Here in Michigan, our goose-stepping Democrat governor has what she calls a 5 part back to school plan in place. Right now we are "supposed"  to be at phase 4. I say "supposed" to be because she constantly reneges on pretty much everything.

Not to mention the fact that she has been caught lying on more that one occasion. In other words, no one knows what's going to happen for sure. It's high time the people here elect someone into the office of the governor that is honest, has integrity, and actually cares about this state and its citizens.
      September 5, 2020 12:38 PM MDT

I feel for you.  Our gov never shutdown businesses.  Schools they did in March.  But now it is up to local cities and parents as it should be. 
      September 5, 2020 12:47 PM MDT

First, thank you. You're right, it should be up to the local cities and the parents. The problem here in Michigan is not only our overbearing governor but the teachers are threatening to not come to work if they open up the schools. Also, nearly 60 percent of Michigan parents say their ability to go to work would take a hit if schools don’t reopen. So here we are. :)
      September 6, 2020 12:48 PM MDT

I would tell the teachers to either report for work or they will be terminated.  And replaced.    That is what happens to anyone else who does not show up to work. 
      September 6, 2020 12:52 PM MDT

So are YOUR KIDS back in school then m2c? Thank you for your reply.
      September 7, 2020 2:06 AM MDT

My kids are graduated. But if they were school aged, I would have gave them the option of what wanted. I know one would have preferred the physical school. The other likely online. 

I do have grand daughters who are doing online schooling. My daughter is not happy about how it is conducted. Unscheduled breaks, teachers not answering messages for 1st and 2nd graders. 
    Just talked with JA on her question, she is having same issues with her 4th grader's teacher. 

September 7, 2020 4:59 AM MDT