Active Now

Just Asking
Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » I KNOW there are ATHEISTS out there who are very politcally active. How do you react to candidates bringing GOD in? Does it turn you off?

I KNOW there are ATHEISTS out there who are very politcally active. How do you react to candidates bringing GOD in? Does it turn you off?

Do you appreciate those who don't use GOD as a political device/weapon/SCHTICK to capture your vote?
Do you appreciate those who believe in and follow SEPARATION OF CHURCH AND STATE?
Do you wonder why candidates as so weak on their own they have to bring in a RINGER who was not asked or consulted?

Or do you not care at all about whatever connivances or contrivances or devices and tricks and lies they use to get votes because you believe ALL IS FAIR IN LOVE AND WAR AND POLITICS? Inquiring minds wanna know these things!

Posted - September 18, 2020

Responses

I view it the same way as anybody who claims "God is on our side".
    Riiiight.  Whatever helps them sleep at night.

Like any deity cares about a football team, or military, or political career, or ... whatever.
    If it did, it would be pretty obvious.
    EG: the football team would never loose, or the military would rule the world, or the person would be a dictator.

But, I don't really care.  It doesn't attract me, nor turn me off from them.
    If somebody wants to claim they have the support of unicorns, I don't care.
    I care more about what they do.
      September 18, 2020 11:06 AM MDT

That is a very good reply my friend. I trust the reference to unicorns is about me. It matters not. They are rare and only let those who believe in them see them. That's how it goes with unicorns. Thank you for your thoughtful reply Walt! :) This post was edited by RosieG at September 18, 2020 11:12 AM MDT
      September 18, 2020 11:12 AM MDT

Actually, it was a reference to one of our local City Council members.
    She is the stereotype "New Age" believer, and claims to have encountered all sorts of mythical creatures and races.
    Appears to have hundreds of "healing" pyramids and crystals all over her home and vehicles.
    But is "down to earth" when it comes to Council meeting issues.
      September 18, 2020 11:17 AM MDT

Whoa! That sounds very weird to me. It also seems very phony to me Walt. You know I love CRYSTALS because when the sun hits them they make rainbows. I love rainbows. But beyond that what is a crystal but a piece of glass? If some impute magical powers to them they lose me completely. Of course I "believe in" unicorns. The abstract concept fascinates me. They are pure and perfect and therefore targeted by those who are jealous. That is why they are very rarely seen. I have books and pictures galore. I have been a fan of unicorns since I was 16. Now if I ever saw one? Well I won't so that is moot. Thank you for your reply Walt. So was this dame a dipstick everywhere except at Council meetings? Don't you think that seems kinda artificial? :)
      September 19, 2020 3:23 AM MDT

I wouldn't say she is a dipstick ... just has a very strong belief in her "religion".
    She firmly believes in the "magic" of crystals, pyramids, feng shui, lay lines, etc.

I believe her "encounters" with mythical creatures may be due to hallucinogenic drugs when she was younger, but have no evidence.
      September 21, 2020 7:41 AM MDT

I have read that Walt. Drug takers even if having taken a drug only once sometimes get "FLASHBACKS" years later. I have never knowingly taken an hallucinogenic drug. They scare me. If you hear about the experiences of those who have taken them I cannot imagine WHY anyone would want to go through that. I guess some experiences are beautiful but some can be extremely frightening. You can have a "very strong belief" in something and still be a dipstick. Of course I don't have specific strong beliefs in things I just have never closed the door on anything. I mean I don't know so how could I make up my mind about anything I know naught about? I know feng sui is about good vibes and bad and the geographical location of things is important. I've heard about the crystals but pyramids? What are "lay" lines? I've never had an encounter with a unicorn but I've never had an encounter with an astronaut either and I know they exist. So much for that. She does sound like a dipstick to me but then lots of people do. I'm sure I do too to those who are not exactly on the same pages I am. Doesn't matter and it doesn't bother me. I know that I could not spend time with her. She would drive me bonkers. Thank you for your reply Walt and Happy Monday to thee and thine! :)
      September 21, 2020 7:52 AM MDT

Allegedly, "lay lines" are magical force lines that traverse the Earth.  The closer you are to a strong "lay line", or an intersection of multiple lines, makes it easier to use magic and more of it.

Pyramid power refers to the belief that the ancient Egyptian pyramids and objects of similar shape can confer a variety of benefits. Among these assumed properties are the ability to preserve foods, sharpen or maintain the sharpness of razor blades, improve health, function "as a thought-form incubator", trigger sexual urges, and cause other effects. Such unverified theories regarding pyramids are collectively known as pyramidology. (Wikipedia)

I guess that explains how every civilization that conquered the world had pyramids.

Oh, wait ....

September 21, 2020 8:22 AM MDT

You know what I have Walt? CRYSTALS in the form of pyramids. No joke. No kidding. I used to tape them to a glass door facing our patio where we lived before. When the sun shined on them I got rainbows on the walls you wouldn't believe. It was the rainbows I was going for. Not some magical force. Strange coincidence though don'tcha think? Coinkydink or something else?  Thank you for your reply! :)
      September 21, 2020 12:32 PM MDT

I think the first time I saw prism rainbows was watching Pollyanna.  lol
      September 21, 2020 1:15 PM MDT

I read the book but I'm not sure I ever saw the movie. I don't remember rainbows attached to it but that was very long ago. I guess it's the refraction of the light...how it bends through the crystal? I bet early on the first homo saps who saw it thought it was magical! Thank you for your reply Walt! :)
      September 22, 2020 5:00 AM MDT