Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » How can you find a reason to nurture/create a 'self' , your being, to grow, for your own well being?

How can you find a reason to nurture/create a 'self' , your being, to grow, for your own well being?

I don't have my own place, I have never dated , I get sooo so nervous of a man rejecting me b/c he'll think I'm 'less' from the abuse I
went through for years. I don't even feel I have a self some days.. if you don't feel you have a self, how can you find a way to find a reason
to nurture your own being, to try to make yourself feel more empowered , happy etc?

Posted - October 11, 2016

Responses

Sorry to hear of your suffering. I think that on the days when you DO feel you have a sense of yourself, or a will to exist, do something for others. I don't think there's anything that brings a better sense of purpose or contentment than doing for others.

If you aren't already, please seek treatment. And I would put the idea of dating out of your mind for now. If you don't know who you are, how would you know who you're a good "fit" with? Even for people with a relatively strong sense of self, it's common to assimilate when romantic feelings are involved.
      October 11, 2016 8:07 PM MDT