Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Are you now or have you ever been a SHOPAHOLIC? Know any? They buy buy buy buy buy buy buy. Why?

Are you now or have you ever been a SHOPAHOLIC? Know any? They buy buy buy buy buy buy buy. Why?

Many times they buy just to have not to use. What is up with that? Does it fill an empty space in their character that is always needy unfilled unhappy and WANTING? I don't get it. Do you?

Posted - September 20, 2020

Responses

Never. I've been a cheapsk...I mean thrifty all my life. That would be my ex. My re-enlistment bonuses disappeared before I knew it. She used to spend hours watching QVC and buying jewelry.
      September 20, 2020 12:30 PM MDT

It's so weird E. My Jim loves to shop. He buys things he never uses because they were "such a good deal". He also is the shoe person and clothes person in the family.  Me? I have enough clothes and shoes to last a lifetime. I just basically buy underwear. Oops. Was that TMI? Anyway he LOVES gadgets and comes home with some for me a lot. Some I have to admit are swell. Some I just put in a cupboard or drawer. Did you know they sell mushroom brushes? To clean mushrooms? I don't use it but I have it if I ever need it. I clean mushrooms the way I always have and always will. At first I was stunned but I got used to it. I mean there are worse vices. There is some mystique about HAVING that seems to drive folks who love to shop. For me the only "love to shop for" things I do is food, cookware and it used to be books but since I've had eye surgery not so much. It is what it is! Thank you for your reply. I'm not cheap but I am thrifty although if I want something a lot and I can afford it I buy it. Not to have but to USE. When my mom died my sis went through her closets and there were jackets and dresses and coats with the sales tags still on them that she'd never worn. I got some of them and I haven't worn them either. Weird. This post was edited by RosieG at September 21, 2020 2:43 AM MDT
      September 21, 2020 2:16 AM MDT