Active Now

Randy D
Danilo_G
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Computers and the Internet » Will Robots ever be able to "feel", empathize/sympathize or will they always be emotion-free, cold and uncaring?

Will Robots ever be able to "feel", empathize/sympathize or will they always be emotion-free, cold and uncaring?

Posted - October 12, 2016

Responses

We are nothing but biological computers, Rosie. It is very well possible for a robot to be able to have feelings and sympathize if not empathize, and it will sure feel real enough to them. Robots will be able to feel pain as well. Pain is all in the mind, feelings are all in the mind--or in their case, programming. I do believe that within my own life time, if not yours, many robots will be more sympathetic than many humans I know, and their feelings will be far more real.
      October 12, 2016 6:31 AM MDT

Did you happen to see the movie "I Robot"? Do  you think we should fear robots who go rogue? Haven't computers  beaten world-class chess players at chess for a long time?  Remember HAL the computer in 2001 A Space Odyssey?   I dunno ISS. Have we created monsters who will turn on us and destroy us? One wonders. Thank you for your reply! :)                                    
      November 3, 2016 5:06 AM MDT