Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Who would benefit most if the US Constitution HAD NEVER BEEN AMENDED? Wouldja like to go back there and try it out?

Who would benefit most if the US Constitution HAD NEVER BEEN AMENDED? Wouldja like to go back there and try it out?

Howja think the demented duck and his ilk would have fared THERE?

Posted - September 25, 2020

Responses

The government. Much more power. 
    (The first 10 were passed with the Constitution...it would never have been ratified without them)
      September 25, 2020 5:37 AM MDT

Well ... considering the current Constitition was a replacement for Articles of Confederation, are we counting that "amendment"?

If we do ... the states would have far more power, and the federal government far less.
    In fact, the federal government would have so little power that we would never have become a military superpower.
    Germany would likely control most of Europe and the Soviet Union would still stand strong.
    Nor would we have become an economic superpower, as states imposed tariffs and trade limitations on each other.
      September 25, 2020 6:27 AM MDT

No m'dear. Constitution. You did not mention women could not vote and slaves would be considered to be 2/3 a person right? But as usual you are looking AT THE BIG PICTURE which is what I asked for while I am stuck thinking about the other stuff. Thank you for your reply Walt!
      September 25, 2020 7:29 AM MDT

Of course, the slave count wouldn't matter since the slaves were originally freed by Executive Order - not a Constitutional Amendment.
    So Lincoln could just expand the reach of that EO to cover the entire United States, and not just the rebellious areas under military control.
    Then when the Union replaced the state governments of the former Confederate states, they could have made it illegal on the state level.

Same with women voting.  
    Actually, it wasn't until after the Constitution that women LOST the ability to vote.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_women%27s_suffrage_in_the_United_States
    (kinda ironic, no?)

September 25, 2020 3:03 PM MDT

Thank you for your reply Walt. Are you worried about what the demented duck is floating allegedly? He and his mob are consulting with the republican heads in various states to do an end run about the votes and not count them but send instead the "LOYALISTS" as electors and vote? We do not know the extend of the various plots the duck is involved in guaranee his continuation as the abomination he is. In the end he just may hire mercenaries to come in and take over to "protect" him. Far-fethced? I don't think my imagination can think up any situations that the demented duck won't available himself of he thinks about it. He has armies of these vacant head puppets with orders to make sure he stays. Nothing to worry about or the reason to have sleepless night? Thank you for your reply and Happy Saturday to thee and thine! :)
      September 26, 2020 2:10 AM MDT