Active Now

Element 99
Danilo_G
Malizz
my2cents
Stu Spelling Bee
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » The duck has brought this country to its NADIR! Which US President brought our country to its ZENITH?

The duck has brought this country to its NADIR! Which US President brought our country to its ZENITH?

Posted - September 29, 2020

Responses

The US became unquestionably the world's major power under the Franklin Roosevelt administration, and rode that all the way to the Moon (Nixon). But since Dick shattered the gold standard, it's been a slow decline.
      September 29, 2020 2:25 AM MDT

So FDR then R? I remember FDR over the radio airwaves informing us of the Pearl Harbor attack. I was 4 and in the kitchen "helping" my mom sort laundry before she was going to wash. Those were they days of washing machines with rollers where you had to put the clothes through them to get out the water. No dryers so we hung them out in the backyard on the clotheslines to dry. I remember seeing my mom tear up. I don't know where my dad was...maybe at work. My sister wasn't born yet so it was just me and my mom listening to this terrible news. I knew it had to be terrible for her to be so sad. Isn't it funny what sticks in your mind with such clarify? Thank you for your reply and Happy Tuesday to thee and thine! Are you watching any of the French Open? :) This post was edited by RosieG at September 29, 2020 2:57 AM MDT
      September 29, 2020 2:56 AM MDT