Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Animals (Pets/ Domesticated) » Between you and your pets, who has outsmarted whom the most?

Between you and your pets, who has outsmarted whom the most?

~

Posted - September 30, 2020

Responses

I never thought of putting a tray of water to keep my cat from opening the doors.  Of course, he likes water so it wouldn't be much of a deterrent.

With my cat every day is a battle of wits.  However, at the end of the battle, we both think we're the winners.  At 15, he's not as fast as he used to be, but he's every bit as shrewd. 
    Shadow - "oh, woe is me... my back feet are so full of arthritis that I can't jump on chairs anymore". 
    So I build him steps so he can get up places. 
    Shadow - "they're not padded.  fix it!" 
    So I put padding atop the stools.
    He uses the stools, but makes a big scene as if it were causing him great pain to get on them... at least when I'm looking.  If he thinks I'm not looking, he jumps up on any chair from the floor ("I don't need no stupid stool").

Shadow - "Alas, I'm dying.  Let me have one last taste of my food before I go.  Um... could you hand it to me please, I'm so weak.  Everything's starting to go dark now."  
    I turn my back and suddenly he's racing through the house at breakneck speeds, jumping on top of the dresser (in one bound) so he can eat my other cats food (which he knows he's not supposed to do).
    Me - "hey!  I thought you were dying...what are you doing up there?"
    Shadow - "Who me???  Uh... the dog pushed me".

(and yes,  he actually talks; although it is in cat language.)

on how hard it is to use the stools
      September 30, 2020 2:23 PM MDT

hahahaha I love your cat!
      September 30, 2020 2:55 PM MDT

Er, um, don’t look now, Shuhak, but there’s an Amazon delivery van in front of your place loaded with the most expensive feline furniture imaginable that someone named “S.H.A. Dow” ordered . . .

~

September 30, 2020 3:14 PM MDT

The Amazon van (and yes, there really is one) parks in my neighbor's driveway for lunch a few times a month. (sometimes it's an Amazon truck) 

My cat HAS tried to order online.  We had a serious talk about it afterward (ok, I talked he slept).   Despite what he might say, we do not need to to belong to the "Fish of the Month Club".  (he's an extremely smart cat)
      September 30, 2020 4:21 PM MDT

Have you ever been suddenly awakened from a deep sleep to find your cat's nose half an inch from your nose and he was about to inhale?  I'm worried for you, Dude.

September 30, 2020 6:07 PM MDT

Yes.  It is beneath Shadow (my large cat) to sleep with a human.  My small cat, however, snuggles with me every night. (the dog sleeps in the other room)
      September 30, 2020 10:37 PM MDT

Shadow is mocking you, my friend. He just sent me this video of his exercise regime that he only does when you’re away.

How he set up the camera I’ll never know, but even more disturbing is how he found my contact information . . . 

~

October 2, 2020 7:52 AM MDT

Seriously? Outsmart a cat? Shirley you jest.
      September 30, 2020 2:35 PM MDT

~

September 30, 2020 3:04 PM MDT

When it comes to waking me up...my alpha cat wins. He will do anything it takes: gently putting his paw on my face to jumping on my chest or pawing on the closet door until it bangs and bangs and bangs.  What does he want you ask?  He wants me to go to the kitchen and put out the dry food so he can take a few bites and walk away.  At 2 am I am not amused, it's still not funny at 3:30 am.
      September 30, 2020 3:00 PM MDT

Oh, I already know all about that; I captured it on Camera 8H, installed on the right side of your bedroom. 

~

September 30, 2020 3:07 PM MDT

Oh great...you always ignore restraining orders. 
      September 30, 2020 4:49 PM MDT

Meh, restraining orders, restmraining orders!

((((Pssst, Uncle Ralph, you did dismiss that last one, right?  Shhhhhh.))))

~
      September 30, 2020 6:13 PM MDT

One of my dogs appears to be of average intelligence, one could probably get into doggie Mensa, if such a thing existed. Neither outsmart me. 

Dogs: We don't outsmart humans, we guilt them into things with our eyes. 
      September 30, 2020 4:28 PM MDT

~

September 30, 2020 6:16 PM MDT

The only way to outsmart a cat is to not allow one to own you. I win!
      September 30, 2020 4:56 PM MDT

Be careful, cat!  When she says no cats, she means it! She will file a restraining order against you so fast that you wouldn’t believe it!

This post was edited by Randy D at October 1, 2020 6:15 PM MDT
      September 30, 2020 6:20 PM MDT

Listen to me!! You got to understand one thing. My cat isn't normal. He's some kind of mutant. The m/f stole my cereal twice and he doesn't even have thumbs.
      September 30, 2020 6:15 PM MDT

my cat thinks she is slick but she is not. although she has somehow taught herself to open doors and I have yet to figure out how she does it. cat in question;

September 30, 2020 8:36 PM MDT