Active Now

DannyPetti
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » If there were no rage hate fear why would we need guns? If there were no guns there would be no such thing as gun-related deaths. A good?

If there were no rage hate fear why would we need guns? If there were no guns there would be no such thing as gun-related deaths. A good?

You ask about hunting game for food. Fair question. What's wrong with the BOW and ARROW?

Think about it. Deeply. If people were not terrified petrified fearful of "the other" they would not loaded guns on hand at all times to make them feel less terrified petrified fearful.

You wouldn't have a 17 year old out of towner stroll down a street and murder two people and wound another and be hailed as patriotic hero by some.

That would be awful because?

There would be no cops who murdered blacks in the back who were unarmed. It just wouldn't happen.

Posted - October 1, 2020

Responses

Without a .22 I'd have gone hungry a few times when camping in the bush. I'm a lousy shot with a bow.
      October 1, 2020 5:28 AM MDT

You know I'm not a gun person R. I have no idea what a 22 is but can it kill people too? What did our ancestors do early on to get kill and eat? Were the earliest weapons sharpened rocks they used as knives? Somehow the species survived. I'm going to see when guns were invented and ask how people survived a gunless world? Thank you for your reply. Ever own an AK 47? I have no idea what that is of course but I think it's a weapon of war that many civilians own. And worse. Now if we all were limited to muskets and cannons it wouldn't be so bad. I'll ask. Thank you for your reply.
      October 1, 2020 5:33 AM MDT

.22 inch is the calibre of a rifle, the diameter of the bore. The ammo I used wasn't good for anti-personnel, I used subsonic rounds - quiet enough to occasionally get a second shot. Adequate for the game I was after - rabbits, feral cats and foxes.
      October 1, 2020 5:37 AM MDT

Oh no! Tell me it isn't so? CATS? You ate cat? Foxes too? I tasted rabbit once long ago and frankly I could only take a bite. Those cuddly sweet little furry things you see in ads came to mind. I remember it being kinda slimy. Also once I had a bite of Venison. It was so GAMEY I couldn't eat any more. Is there a way to remove that gamey taste? Maybe by cooking it with tons of spices? So a 22 isn't a gun it's a rifle. And rifles are usually used to kll people. Well isn't that what snipes use? Which has the longer range? Thank you for your reply R! :)
      October 1, 2020 5:41 AM MDT

Didn't eat the cats and foxes, I'm an environmentalist (both are enormously destructive to native wildlife) and was also after the skins.
      October 1, 2020 5:46 AM MDT

Whew! Good. How do cats become feral? I mean is it their fault they're born and no one wants them? They learn to survive to stay alive any way they can. As for foxes I always think of Goldilocks. Is a wolf and a fox the same or different?

So what do you do with cat skins? I know there are fox furs that women used to wear back in the day. My mom was a furrier and a dressmaker. I never liked furs because I thought it was horrible to murder an animal just so you could wear it. On the other hand I'm a hypocrite. I love leather so where does that leave me? Leather shoes leather coat leather bags. AARRGGHH! :( Thank you for your reply R! :) This post was edited by RosieG at October 1, 2020 5:54 AM MDT
      October 1, 2020 5:53 AM MDT