Active Now

Malizz
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Education » Both current and former college students: generally speaking, what is/was the best course load for you?

Both current and former college students: generally speaking, what is/was the best course load for you?

A. 18 or more credits per week

B. 15 credits per week

C. 12 credits per week

D. 9 credits per week

E. 6 credits per week

F. 3 credits per week

G. Fewer than 3 credits per week

H. A course schedule that was not based on number of classes or number of credits per week

I. Two or more of the above choices, namely: ______________________

J. None of the above choices/or other answer, namely: ______________________

~

Posted - October 2, 2020

Responses

H.  I took classes as they were available on my schedule... plus every science class I could.
      October 2, 2020 9:41 PM MDT

Thank you for your answer.
    ~

October 2, 2020 10:14 PM MDT

I took four classes per semester and worked full time.  We had accelerated classes in nine-week sessions (1/2 semester) so I took two classes each nine-week session and two classes in the summer.   It was hard to do classes in nine weeks.  But I survived and came out with a 4.0 GPA.   Then there was law school.
      October 2, 2020 11:09 PM MDT

Letter I. Two or more of the above choices?

October 2, 2020 11:46 PM MDT

H.
      October 3, 2020 8:27 AM MDT

C.
      October 3, 2020 8:30 AM MDT

One course per semester.
    That equals one lecture, one tutorial, the course notes, five readings, and answering four questions that involve critical thinking about the readings, each answer, 250 words plus references. 
    In addition, three assignments per course, each one taking about two weeks to research and complete.
    At my uni, each course accounts for 1 credit.

The uni considers four courses per semester is a full-time load. But I discovered in the first year that it was impossible to do any better than a credit with the number of hours needed to complete the work.
    I found I could just manage two courses per term, but that if I dropped to just one, I could average distinctions and high distinctions. I prefer doing it slowly and thoroughly, learn far more and make the best use of what's on offer.

If I were still a kid living at home it would be different. With the luxuries of parents who earn an income, cook, do the laundry, and take care of all physical needs, it would make study far easier.
      October 4, 2020 12:36 AM MDT