Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Someone in charge causes the deaths of hundreds of thousands of people through indifference and not caring if people die. What punishment?

Someone in charge causes the deaths of hundreds of thousands of people through indifference and not caring if people die. What punishment?

Does he DESERVE to die for his purposeful neglect?

He did not set out to have people die. He just didn't care what happened to them. Purposeful indifference/not caring is what he is guilty of. I don't think he is guilty of premeditated murder though a case could be made for that assuredly..

How would you show him the error of his ways? What would be FAIR and JUST?

Posted - October 3, 2020

Responses

I would never wish death upon Gov Cuomo, Gov Newsom etc....
      October 3, 2020 8:38 AM MDT

This may be splitting hairs, but Trump did not cause these people's deaths.  His indifference and ineptitude in doing what needed to be done to curtain the spread of the virus did.  If you liken it to someone who stands by while another person commits murder, even if that someone didn't actually commit the murder, they would be guilty, as well.  In his case, that makes Trump guilty and his punishment is getting the virus himself.  I can't say I feel sorry for him or anyone around him who failed to take the proper precautions in spite of what Trump wanted.  The persons whom I feel sorry for are those who had no idea they were coming into contact with these spreaders and wound up sick even though they may have taken precautions. This post was edited by SpunkySenior at October 3, 2020 3:18 PM MDT
      October 3, 2020 2:36 PM MDT

.....I do think his downplaying of the seriousness of the threat and his contradicting the science available to him certainly makes him an aggravating factor in those deaths.

But..."Vengeance is mine," sayeth the Lord
      October 3, 2020 3:20 PM MDT

I think part of the problem is that people give too much credence to what the president said instead of listening to the science.  When you read reports of people being hospitalized, needing ventilators, the lack of PPE and you still think it's a hoax, how smart are you?  

Well, I'm not a religious person, but if Trump truly has Covid-19 (and I'm not sure that's not a hoax), then the Lord has spoken.  
      October 4, 2020 6:55 AM MDT