Active Now

Slartibartfast
Randy D
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » Sexual predators come in all colors. We are entering the Bill Cosby phase of the Trump prez candidacy. Can you guess what comes next?

Sexual predators come in all colors. We are entering the Bill Cosby phase of the Trump prez candidacy. Can you guess what comes next?

Posted - October 13, 2016

Responses

• Thank you My2cents.
    (That was a clumsy attempt at funny)
    I do appreciate it anyway.
      October 13, 2016 3:11 PM MDT

I'm sure there are various sources. The interesting one however, is the original source. I'm sure you're aware about validity of sources. It's just like not everything said about Trump will be valid. Btw, it's obvious that Bill's lifestyle is used to besmirch his wife And her run for the POTUS. 

I've always felt you were more nuanced in your contributions here, but apparently I'm wrong or you have changed. Either way... Hmm.
      October 13, 2016 9:45 AM MDT

It is used against Hillary because of the way she treated the women...Bill abused.
      October 13, 2016 9:52 AM MDT

BS.
      October 13, 2016 11:57 AM MDT

There is a long history of Bill Clinton abusing women and the women being told to shut up...people don't cross the Clintons.  
    Even back when Bill was in college. There was more than one women that accused him of rape back then but no charges where filed Bill always claimed consental.  Many of the women have been contacted and confirm the abuse but refuse to go public because how they know they will be treated.

There is even an allegation that Hillary raped an 18-yr old woman.

Now you can call BS on the above....there is no proof just stuff that is out there.  

But you cannot call BS on the way that the women who did come public with accusations against were treated badly by both Hillary and Bill Clinton and their "Bimbo Eruption Squad"  those are public facts. This post was edited by my2cents at October 13, 2016 1:02 PM MDT
      October 13, 2016 12:57 PM MDT

Let me ask you this, will Hillary be the only woman in the world, or history that reacts emotional when their husbands had affairs? 
      October 13, 2016 1:19 PM MDT

Nope.  But she is the one claiming to be a warrior for women who are (claim to be) victims.  Who claims all accusations should be believed (except the ones leveled at Bill).

Hillary: Every survivor of sexual assault deserves to be heard, believed, and supported.

October 13, 2016 1:28 PM MDT

You better believe Hillary was victimized in all that too!  Seems to me these women got involved with Bill Clinton very willingly.  I don't recall any of them running to the police station and filing a report that he touched them inappropriately.  I think some of those relationships were long term.
      October 13, 2016 1:31 PM MDT

I appreciate you making the point, Pea. Unfortunately, some hate Hillary by name and won't buy in on your premises. It is as they think Hillary was directing Bill in his affairs. Oh, and by willingly going into their relationships with him? That's all a conspiracy, don't you know? Hillary has threatened them, that's why they told about their affairs with Billy first place. Honestly Pea, I can only shake my head in disbelief how hatred can turn someone blind. Even "educated" people. Sighs.
      October 13, 2016 1:45 PM MDT

I don't hate Hillary.  Of course she is not telling him have affairs.  That would be stupid given their positions.  

Many of the women were no in affairs with him. They rebuked his advances.  
    Eileen Wellstone--rape
    Carolyn Moffet--sexual harrassment
    Paula Corbin--harrassment filed a charges
    Sandra Allen James--sexual harassment
    Christy Zercher--sexual harassment (supposed to be a video that ABC burried)

Of course there are probably more.....but these are not consentual affairs.

October 13, 2016 2:11 PM MDT

Have we changed our conceptualisation that no one is judged before they are convicted by court? Or does that only apply to others than the Bill, and for that matter Hillary?

Judge him for his misbehavior, his personality... I thought you were familiar with the principles of justice. With your viewpoints I'm puzzled how you can vote for a man like Trump. But that will be something I likely will ever understand.
      October 13, 2016 2:21 PM MDT

I told you I think they are both perverts.....I am voting on policy alone this year.  Trump supports the issues I support.  Clinton does not.  Simple.  The appointments to the SCOTUS alone are enought to make me vote for Trump.
      October 13, 2016 3:14 PM MDT

See, that will be one of the points that would worry me the most with Trump in charge. Btw, what policies has Trump presented truly, besides in no way explanatory headings?

never mind 2cents. We don't get any closer on an agreeing here than both Bill and Donald being creepy, if you can agree in that. Enough said, enjoy your day.
      October 13, 2016 3:19 PM MDT

True I don't think we agree on much politically.  
    Conservative SCOTUS picks., supporting 2nd amendment, securing the border, deporting criminal illegals, defunding sanctuary cities, lowering taxes, no more "Free Trade" deals. etc

I figure you are on the opposite opinion on each of these issues but that is what makes this country great we can disagree and still be respectful of one another opinions without name calling. That is a rare thing usually especially  on the internet these days.
      October 13, 2016 3:39 PM MDT

They are all headings in my opinion. There is no reliable plans behind presented. Amendments is an interesting subject as there are more than only the 2nd. I truly am worried about some of them SHOULD he make it. It's even more worrying IF he is going to pick judges based on his ways of looking at some of the fundamental behind the amendments.

Bye.
      October 13, 2016 3:49 PM MDT

No... the only one that was consentual was Monica Lawenski and a few others I am sure are consentual....but many claimed abuse and rape.  Not consentual anything. You don't let you name get drug through the gutter because of consentual sex.  You let it go and hope it is forgotten (And some do that even when it is rape because they don't want to go through the public humiliation that you know will come if you go public about a beloved politican like Bill Clinton).    

Yes Hillary would have been a victim of Bill as well, but she is the one stayed with him even from back in the 1960's when there were accusation even back then.  But not of these women that Bill abused. 
      October 13, 2016 1:50 PM MDT

Sadly, there is no way of knowing exactly what happened.  I just know that if some man forced himself on me, I would have that report made immediately.  There is no way I would let that go.  

I don't believe Monica was the only one that had consensual sex with Bill. They didn't call him "slick Willy" for no reason.  I think he was seductive and had his way emotionally with they women before the sex happened willingly.  

Now do I think they realized he was going to give them nothing in return for that?  Yup.  I think these women felt very manipulated and angry once they figured out that they were merely the "other woman."

Do I know this for sure?  Of course not.  I can only look at what is known and form an opinion from there. This post was edited by PeaPod is just popping by at October 13, 2016 2:22 PM MDT
      October 13, 2016 2:19 PM MDT

I did not say Monica was the only consentual.  My point is there are many that claim it was not consentual and some claim it went as far as rape and others claim sexual harassment....they are victims.   I don't know that I would go to the police knowing it was Clinton (if it was just some regular guy sure) ...and how they were going to treat me and how the media would treat me. However, I will say that a woman should not allow herself to be in such a situation.  I do not go to a man's hotel or allow them in mine.  Or their home alone.  Some may say that is blaming the victim....I say it is just smart. Not that all of the accusations are claiming in a hotel or home.  Some are in the work place and airplanes (regular ones not just Epsteins)
      October 13, 2016 2:36 PM MDT

You seem be missing the point. Must be good to be so emotionless. At least in some cases. Good for you.
      October 13, 2016 1:39 PM MDT

What point am I missing?  I am simply not ignoring Hillary's role in allegedly threatening these women.  Must be good to be emotionless toward the victims of Bill...  
      October 13, 2016 2:27 PM MDT

The one mentioned to you.
      October 13, 2016 2:35 PM MDT

So you are not going to answer me??
    Yes I said Hillary is a victim of BILL.
    Yes some of them were consentual...I am not talking about those. 

What am I missing?
      October 13, 2016 3:22 PM MDT

I wished you a good day another place inside this thread. All my best. I'm out of this question.
      October 13, 2016 3:25 PM MDT

You have a good day as well.
      October 13, 2016 3:43 PM MDT

Thank you.
      October 13, 2016 3:50 PM MDT