Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » All people want/expect government to do things for them.They are just different things Just because the labels are different they aren't! :)

All people want/expect government to do things for them.They are just different things Just because the labels are different they aren't! :)

You want government to do things for you. You want your wants. You don't want "the opposition" to receive their wants. Everyone knows your wants are more  important , more right, more just, more necessary. Since we all feel that way we are all selfish/self-centered/self-involved/immature/greedy. Where is the daylight here when everyone everywhere is the same WANT-WISE? Having different wants is meaningless. They are all Partisan wants. Crazy the way people think they are any different from everyone else. They are all the same. Hard to accept isn't it?

Posted - October 13, 2016

Responses

All people do not want or expect the same things.  Please be careful with the use of the word "all".  Thank you.
    ~
      October 13, 2016 6:34 AM MDT

Hello Rosie:

I'm a SMALL government liberal, so I don't want much from government...  I CERTAINLY don't want them telling me who I can marry or what I can put into my body.  I just wanna be left alone.

excon
      October 13, 2016 6:40 AM MDT

Do you support government-sponsored social programs to help people less fortunate than you excon? Thank you for your reply and Happy Thursday! :)
      October 13, 2016 6:46 AM MDT

Hello Rosie:

Sure I do.. I believe in a safety net for the people - NOT for the banks, or farmers, or the oil industry..

excon
      October 13, 2016 6:58 AM MDT