Active Now

Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Transportation » What is memorable about THE LAST TIME that you drove your first car?

What is memorable about THE LAST TIME that you drove your first car?

The last time I drove my first car was also the last time that anyone ever drove it, because I had to ship it off to the proverbial “glue factory”, the junk yard. When I was younger, I had a tendency to drive cars to death. 

Posted - October 6, 2020

Responses

I learned to drive it, a stick shift, in San Francisco.  It was a real heart-pounding experience. 
      October 6, 2020 8:14 AM MDT

You only drove it once?

~

October 6, 2020 8:16 AM MDT

Unfortunately not, I live there for quite a while. Ah yes, Bodine Bread, the best in the west. 
    It "used" to be a fairly decent place to live.  A little cold at times but tolerable. 
    This post was edited by . at October 6, 2020 12:52 PM MDT
      October 6, 2020 10:48 AM MDT

Er, um, what the heck are you talking about, and what does it have to do with driving a car for the last time?

October 6, 2020 3:38 PM MDT

I had the same thing happen.  An old Chevy Malibu threw a rod about 6 hrs from home it was not worth towing. So we sold it to the junk yard for all of $10....the junk yard really did not want it either. 
      October 6, 2020 8:51 AM MDT

Lol, I’m surprised that instead of giving you $10 for it, they didn’t charge you to take it away. 

October 6, 2020 9:31 AM MDT

They threw the $10 offer out figuring my Dad would say no.  He said done. And handed them the title. 
      October 6, 2020 1:12 PM MDT

Lol, I think that’s great, Pa got $10 out of them. 

October 6, 2020 1:23 PM MDT

The fact that almost every time I drove it, I had to either be towed from somewhere or it needed some repair.
      October 6, 2020 9:46 AM MDT

• My 1985 Buick LeSabre...it had been having all kinds of problems. The final straw was trying to leave school and the car would not shift into reverse.  I stuck it in drive and just popped it over the sidewalk and almost ripped out the muffler in the process.  Drove it to the closest auto repair place and found out the transmission was shot.  Let the garage that looked at it just keep it for salvage parts as it wasn't worth sinking an $1800 repair into. 
      October 6, 2020 12:52 PM MDT

I loved my first car.  I bought it brand new and drove it off the showroom floor.  Eight years later after after being married about seven years we knew we needed to sell that car...it was wrecked on four sides.  But it ran like a dream.  Hubs found a buyer and he was picking the car up on a specific evening.  When I drove home that afternoon I cried all the way.  Of course I had a brand new car............which I didn't choose and never liked. 
      October 6, 2020 4:18 PM MDT