Active Now

DannyPetti
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Television and Movies » What are some of your favorite movies that were inspired by other movies that had been released previously, but not sequels, prequels, etc?

What are some of your favorite movies that were inspired by other movies that had been released previously, but not sequels, prequels, etc?

Posted - October 7, 2020

Responses

• I've always felt like Ferris Bueller's Day Off could be a 1980's Mary Poppins.  A confident, can-do-anything type protagonist takes two unhappy kids on adventures that include cool dance sequences.  Overbearing adults want to stop them from having their fun.  And then in the end the protagonist takes off and leaves the two kids to deal with their own problems. 
      October 8, 2020 7:54 AM MDT

I don't know if they were inspired by other movies or not but I liked the movies "Home", "Avatar" and "The Big Short."  These are movies that I think about often:  "Home" was sweet, "The Big Short" was shocking, and "Avatar" was inspiring.  Whenever I eat meat I say "thank you" now to the animal.  Sometimes that keeps me from taking that first bite.  But I am thankful and am so very sorry they are needed to sustain life. I attempted to go vegan and was very happy not eating meat...until my hair began to fall out.  Meat has never been the same for me.  The taste has changed but I eat it to live. 
      October 8, 2020 12:25 PM MDT