Active Now

Shuhak
DannyPetti
Discussion » Questions » Human Behavior » DISCLAIMER*. Have you ever been embarrassed about a family member’s or close friend’s tattoo as he or she accompanied you somewhere?

DISCLAIMER*. Have you ever been embarrassed about a family member’s or close friend’s tattoo as he or she accompanied you somewhere?

*DISCLAIMER. I believe I can anticipate some people’s answers on the reluctance to judge others or the claim of never judging others.  If judgement of other people can be removed from the equation and focusing instead on the tattoo itself without indicting the person who is displaying it, please look at it from that perspective.  Thank you.
~

Posted - October 9, 2020

Responses

My family is a non-tattoo family or very small ones that are not easily seen.   I don't have any friends with tattoos.  I wish I would live long enough for all the young people who haven't thought ahead, to see what happens in a few years. 
      October 9, 2020 5:46 PM MDT

LOL, good point. 

:)

October 9, 2020 5:48 PM MDT

My people don't get tattoos.
      October 9, 2020 6:08 PM MDT

Would it surprise you if one of them did get a tattoo someday?  Also, what’s the possibility that someone of “your people” already has a tattoo yet keeps it private?
    ~

October 9, 2020 6:10 PM MDT

They may have them under their clothing.  My daughter got a few little ones when in college.  Only one was visible...on her ankle.  She appropriately became embarrassed by them at the age of 30 and had them removed.   Seriously, I am never around anyone with a visible tattoo.  My next door neighbor has one on his arm but I am never around him.  His wife and I are friends.
      October 9, 2020 6:24 PM MDT

yes.  I'd love to say my entire family is tattoo free.  Unfortunately, there're my nephews.  One's a walking canvas of unfinished "art" (can't afford to get them completed or fully colored in).  The giant saucers in his ears don't help the look either (not to mention the very long dreads) .  My other nephew is full of prison tats and the names of his children (well, most of them).
      October 9, 2020 6:18 PM MDT

Yes a married couple who got fangs with each others names tattooed on their necks.   They ended up divorcing and the wife's fangs where covered up with a huge flower. 
      October 9, 2020 6:46 PM MDT

Uggggghh. 

It was bad enough already, but then it just got worse, right?

October 9, 2020 7:05 PM MDT

I can't think of a family member or close friend, but coworker is another story. Don't even get me started on it. 
      October 9, 2020 9:59 PM MDT

(((((Shhhhh!  You’re not supposed to let it be known that you and I are coworkers! You know about the non-fraternization clauses!  Think of my stock options, Woman!  Grrrrr.)))))

October 10, 2020 7:14 AM MDT

I don't even understand this. Maybe I'll try again later when I've had a gummy or something. 
      October 10, 2020 8:24 AM MDT

Still doesn't make sense to me. You win this one. 
      October 10, 2020 2:28 PM MDT

I’m your coworker who has tattoos. 

October 10, 2020 8:53 PM MDT

And here I thought I was overthinking that. 

October 10, 2020 8:56 PM MDT

Tattoos don't embarrass me. My family has plenty of other ways to embarrass me, though. I've learned to deal with it.
      October 9, 2020 10:00 PM MDT

You and I should run away together so that you can put it all behind you. I’ve never been tattooed, never plan to be, and I know of several dozen secluded island hideaways from which we can choose . . . 

~

October 10, 2020 6:52 AM MDT