Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » It's much easier to move away from where you live or work or a relationship than it is to move away from whom you are. Ever try?

It's much easier to move away from where you live or work or a relationship than it is to move away from whom you are. Ever try?

Posted - October 14, 2020

Responses

No matter where you go, you always take yourself with you.  You can end relationships, change jobs, or even move to a different country.  Yet, no matter how hard you may try, you are always right there with you.  You're your own baggage. This post was edited by Shuhak at October 15, 2020 1:38 AM MDT
      October 14, 2020 4:41 PM MDT

What are we? Caged animals? That's no fair!

October 14, 2020 4:50 PM MDT

Don't worry, it's all in your head. 
      October 14, 2020 6:08 PM MDT

:):):)
      October 15, 2020 1:38 AM MDT

I'm pretty sure I've shared with you before that my IMPATIENCE drives me nuts! Something I am NOT PROUD OF AT ALL and AM AWARE OF and have tried to remember to not be. I think I've worked on it for decades. So far no luck. I keep forgetting until I'm in the middle of it and then well it's too late. I'd like to be less impatient. I'd like to be more patient. But apparently I'm impotent and incapable of doing anything about it. Will I still try to hold it back...weaken it..smother it? I don't know. It's a reflex action. Why am I so impatient? I wish I knew. SIGH. MEA CULPA! :(  Thank you for your reply Shuhak. How do YOU do it?
      October 15, 2020 1:42 AM MDT

I too am VERY impatient (family trait).  However, I know what causes my impatience - my OCD perfectionism.  In my mind, everything must be done “perfectly”.  Anything that prevents that from happening is exasperating (even though I know there’s no such thing as “prefect”), which causes me to be anxious and very stressed (I know, I know, not healthy).  It’s that stress and anxiety that make me impatient.  It’s extremely hard to tolerate someone or something when you’re stressed (or, as I tell myself, “they’re being stupid”).

October 15, 2020 11:02 AM MDT

I am your antithetisis vis a vis perfection Shuhak. If something works almost nearly OK and I can make do I'm happy and fine with it. I adapt adjust with no problem. Jim, on the other hand, is always unhappy when whatever it is doesn't perform PERFECTLY. The result is that I'm much happier than he is day to day. He complains about this and that and I never see what the problem is. He spots flaws immediately and mostly I don't see them unless/until they are pointed out. I wish I could make him care less but there is no way so I just listen. I think fast and decide fast and when others don't it annoys me. Now of course in so doing I sometimes have to redo rethink redecide. Thank you for your reply! :) This post was edited by RosieG at October 16, 2020 12:04 PM MDT
      October 16, 2020 3:15 AM MDT