Active Now

Element 99
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Unless you are a FREAK you have only two arms with hands whicn means you can only shoot TWO GUNS at the same time. WHY BUY HUNDREDS?

Unless you are a FREAK you have only two arms with hands whicn means you can only shoot TWO GUNS at the same time. WHY BUY HUNDREDS?

Posted - October 18, 2020

Responses

And probably very inaccurately at that.

I suppose the gun is an object of fascination, ego or kudos for some owners, so they must have as many as they can.
      October 18, 2020 3:32 PM MDT

I think the more guns they have the more afraid they are. The guns give them some kind of comfort. I think the non-guns are less afraid of their shadows or things that go bump in the night. I think the non-guns are more luckd cogent thoughtful decent moral. I could be dead wrong of course but that's exactly what I think. Those who are slavishly devoted to the right to arm bears are the most frightened of all. 24/7. They carry loaded weapons with them wherever they go. I'm going to ask that question. Thank you for your reply Durdle.
      October 19, 2020 2:22 AM MDT

Fear.

A very good point. I think you are right, certainly among those who own private arsenals or powerful rifles. Not all, perhaps, but a good many of them.

As for what frightens them, well, there might be many things. Each other, perhaps. Some appear to be frightened some "unconstitutional" hard-line government might develop, so they need arm themselves to resist it; but that's probably only a minority of the gun owners.   

October 19, 2020 4:11 PM MDT

Unless you're a collector, one is plenty (and collectibles should be stored/displayed in an inoperable condition, eg firing pin removed). I can understand having two or three if you want a different type for specific game - a shotgun is what you need for ducks, a rifle is better for rabbits, either works for deer (ammunition is also important - I used subsonic rounds when I hunted, it's quieter so less likely to scatter the quarry). Having dozens is pointless.
    Personal protection? I prefer a dog.
      October 19, 2020 4:20 PM MDT