Active Now

Malizz
Danilo_G
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » The dumb cluck duck plot to cut food stamps for 700,000 UNEMPLOYED AMERICANS is STOPPED by federal judge. WHO LUVS YA BABY?

The dumb cluck duck plot to cut food stamps for 700,000 UNEMPLOYED AMERICANS is STOPPED by federal judge. WHO LUVS YA BABY?

Posted - October 19, 2020

Responses

What a heartless SOB - maybe he wouldn't be like that if he knew what it is like to be hungry. Cheers!
      October 20, 2020 9:17 AM MDT

Well we know the dumb cluck duck never missed a meal in his life. It would be nice if he knew what hunger is. Maybe in the next life or maybe when he is convicted and spends the rest of his life in solitary confinement on BREAD AND WATER. That might work. Thank you for your reply Nanoose! :) This post was edited by RosieG at October 20, 2020 2:50 PM MDT
      October 20, 2020 2:49 PM MDT

Food stamps are based on income.  If the people are not qualifying someone in their home is making money somehow....if maybe the unemployment payments are higher than the income limits which are based on the size of the family.   If a family of 4 in my state,  with 2 unemployed adults they would likely be over the limit to qualify for food stamps. (assuming making $200 week + $400 stimulas= $600 week x 2= $1200 per week= $4800 per month)  They would not qualify.  
      October 20, 2020 3:12 PM MDT

I wonder how many of those 700,000 unemployed unemployed Americans fit the profile you just posted.

What is it ex-quarterback and analyst on Monday night football once observed?---If Grandma had b*lls, she would be grandpa.

October 20, 2020 3:24 PM MDT

No idea.  I am simply stating how it works.   
      October 20, 2020 3:30 PM MDT

Based on a whole lot more than income:

SNAP, the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program. This was formerly known as the Food Stamps Program.

Are you eligible for food stamps---this is a "quick estimate" calculator I found online, but the application for SNAP is similar.

Quick Estimate

Answer the questions below for a rough estimate of food stamp benefits. 

Household Information
    Household Size
    Is anyone in the household 60 or older? yes no
    Is anyone in the household under 19? yes no
    Is anyone considered disabled under Food Stamp rules? yes no
    Do all household members receive EAEDC or SSI? yes no
    Are you a pregnant woman living alone? yes no
    Are all household members US Citizens?* yes no
    Is the household homeless? yes no
    If you answered no to this question, you can learn whether you are eligible for food stamps by doing the calculator rather than the quick estimate. 
    Financial Information

Gross Monthly Earned Income $
    Other Monthly Income $
    Number of dependent children under 2 years old
    Monthly cost of child/day care for dependents under the age of 2 $
    Number of Dependents over the age of 2
    Monthly cost for child care/adult daycare for dependents over the age of 2 $
    Court ordered child support payment amount (Monthly) $
    Monthly medical expenses for elderly or disabled household members $
    Monthly Rent/Mortgage $
    Do you pay heating or cooling separate from your rent? yes no
    Do you pay for other utilities? yes no
    Do you pay for telephone? (not cable) yes no
    Assets
    (only answer if there are no children under 19 in the household) $

This post was edited by tom jackson at October 20, 2020 4:18 PM MDT
      October 20, 2020 4:16 PM MDT

It is based on income.  Yes, they allow so much for basic expenses. But it all boils down to your monthly income and income from unemployment counts as income.

Assets also count...cannot have a boat load of cash or non nessessary assets (paid off $100,000 RV, car etc) This post was edited by my2cents at October 20, 2020 4:33 PM MDT
      October 20, 2020 4:28 PM MDT

If I recall a couple of years ago Trump took or wanted to take away a kids lunch program that was for kids in low income families. Cheers! 
      October 20, 2020 4:37 PM MDT