Active Now

Malizz
Randy D
Danilo_G
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » "Will kindness and civility ever find its way back into politics?" Good question. Whatcha think?

"Will kindness and civility ever find its way back into politics?" Good question. Whatcha think?

Posted - October 21, 2020

Responses

When was "kindness and civility" ever in politics?
      October 21, 2020 10:28 AM MDT

Wait... there was actually a time when there was kindness and chiuveletry in politics??  Funny, I don't recall seeing that in any of the many history class I ever took (American or world history).  As far as I know, politics has always been "dog eat dog".
      October 21, 2020 12:29 PM MDT

Ronald Reagan and Tip O'neil were pals. They socialized. Ronnie was a Republican and Tip was a Democrat. They fought during the day on the job and went out to dinner or lunch. They were were NOT the only "odd pair".  Many bills were BIPARTISAN in nature. There was a time when Senators were referred to as "the honorable". Tricky dicky nixon was ousted by members of his party because it was the right thing to do. Whatever advances we made in civil liberties required BOTH SIDES OF THE AISLE to support. I remember it well. You do not? That makes me very sad. You think the way it is now is how it always was? Then I suppose you won't take my word for it that it used to be marked with civility. The SENATE was that. The HOUSE has always been the lesser of the two bodies. Less distinguished less respected. Now the duck senate is an abomination led by an abominable traitor...moscow mitch. It is what it is. It doesn't matter what you think or what I say the truth of history speaks for itself. Sigh. Your interpretation and mine are quite unalike. Thank you for your reply. This post was edited by RosieG at October 22, 2020 10:36 AM MDT
      October 22, 2020 5:11 AM MDT

Once upon a time you had to pay to be a politician.
      October 22, 2020 6:08 AM MDT

I do not recall ever hearing that.
      October 22, 2020 10:38 AM MDT

Russia or Arthur Scargill Russia?
      October 23, 2020 3:15 AM MDT

It seems to me that when the Russians started dipping their fingers into foreign western politics at times of termoil, were the times when things started to get disoriented with accusations, deals, cash donations. They come in through the cat flap and totally mess up the kitchen. Or am I just having another attack of paranoia?
      October 22, 2020 6:07 AM MDT

Russia has been interfering with our elections since the 1950s.
      October 22, 2020 6:12 AM MDT

Yep Arthur Scargill quite famously.
      October 22, 2020 6:20 AM MDT