Discussion » Questions » Education » How many muggers still have their old report cards from when they went to school? Have you shown them to anyone?

How many muggers still have their old report cards from when they went to school? Have you shown them to anyone?

I still have mine, although I don't know why I have kept them. They are buried somewhere in the attic. They are nothing to brag about so I don't show them to people. LOL.

Posted - October 22, 2020

Responses

I have them all.  They're packed in the shed.

I'm sure no one wants to see them.
      October 22, 2020 3:01 PM MDT

My mother didn't keep anything. She cared less about them than I did.
      October 22, 2020 3:29 PM MDT

I have my children's. I may have one of mine, but I don't think so. I wouldn't be embarrassed by mine, but I can't imagine anyone wanting to see them. 
      October 22, 2020 6:55 PM MDT

I certainly would want to see them; I’m compiling information for a research project that I’ve undertaken. (Cough, cough.)

~

October 22, 2020 8:07 PM MDT

A couple of decades ago, I had to compile information for a job-related background investigation that was pretty intensive in scope, and it required me to provide proof of certain aspects of my education all the way back to high school graduation. I dug and dug and dug through old stacks of paperwork and was surprised to find my actual college and high school, which were accepted by the agency because they were certified documents. I put them away for safekeeping, and can now pull them up at a moment’s notice. 

My mother may have kept report cards from my earlier educational endeavors at the elementary and junior high school level, I do not know. 

~

October 22, 2020 8:28 PM MDT

I think I may have some in storage. 
      October 22, 2020 8:50 PM MDT

I think there were a few of them in my mother's thing when we moved her out of her house.  I don't when or if ever I will go through all of that stuff.  There is so much and my care level is low. 
      October 22, 2020 8:54 PM MDT

I found a few report cards from elementary school among my mom's things.  Seems as though I was OK until third grade and then everyone seemed to turn into an idiot.
      October 23, 2020 7:54 AM MDT

Yes, they first started off with "Her sense of humour is a much needed light sense of relief in the classroom." And in the later years "Could do better if she applied herself, easily distracted." It all depended on the topic matter really, and the teacher, if they were dull, and I wasn't interested, I found it hard to concentrate.  Despite that, I did do well. This post was edited by kjames at October 25, 2020 12:43 PM MDT
      October 23, 2020 4:31 PM MDT

• I don't know if my parents still have mine.  The only document from high school that matters is the diploma, but I won't ask my parents if they still have my report cards.  I don't want to relive the memory of my father yelling at me when he received them.  I had more 4s and 5s than Papa wanted to see, and less 1s, 2s and 3s than he wanted to see.  I also received a 10 in community service because I hated the teacher, and she hated me.  I failed at picking up trash.  I think I'm the only person in the world who failed community service.
      October 24, 2020 9:27 PM MDT

Well at least you are unique!
      October 25, 2020 11:39 AM MDT