Active Now

Maurice214
Element 99
Malizz
Stu Spelling Bee
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » I KNOW you love your mate. Do you like him/her? Are you getting on each other's nerves being cooped up together for so long?

I KNOW you love your mate. Do you like him/her? Are you getting on each other's nerves being cooped up together for so long?

Do you chat and laugh and enjoy being together or is it hard on you?

Posted - October 25, 2020

Responses

She's my best friend as well as my SO. We enjoy each other's company. We give each other space when necessary.
    Right now I'm consoling her by poking chocolate between the bars of her cage - her rugby team just lost the Grand Final. This post was edited by Slartibartfast at October 25, 2020 7:05 AM MDT
      October 25, 2020 5:45 AM MDT

Ditto for us R...as you know very well by now. I wonder how many couples never realized being cooped up together for endless amounts of time....together alone with no other "company"...could be a real downer. HER rugby team? Not the same as YOURS? So hers lost. Does that mean that yours won? I kinda sorta understand. Generally Jim and I root for the same tennis players except he is a huge fan of novak djokovic and I'm not. So I always hope novak will lose and Jim hopes he will win. Usually it's novak and Jim never rubs it is in nor do I when on rare occasion novak gets beaten. But I do not try to hide my joy either! Thank you for your reply and Happy almost Monday? :)
      October 25, 2020 6:14 AM MDT

I didn't have a dog in the fight, my team ceased to exist many moons ago (the Balmain Tigers were merged with Wests Magpies - "Balmain boys don't cry" and we DON'T root for the unprintable 'pies!). I follow a different code altogether - Australian football, very different from rugby. The MIGHTY Adelaide Crows finished in the cellar this year :-(
    Maureen is a Penrith Panthers fan - her sister once dated a former Panthers player and they remained friends. They lost by six.
    To give you an analogy that you're more likely to understand, I'll use American football as a reference - Penrith scored a touchdown with seconds left on the clock to bring them within six points, and declined the PAT to give themselves one more play. The Hail Mary failed. This post was edited by Slartibartfast at October 26, 2020 2:59 AM MDT
      October 25, 2020 3:20 PM MDT

My husband and I have worked together everyday for the last 15 yrs. So no problem. 
      October 25, 2020 5:09 PM MDT

Excellent m2c. Spousal abuse is more prevalent now I have read. And that must be a consequence of not really LIKING your mate. I mean sometimes you're on different pages but so what? I just don't understand being unkind or mean or cruel or abusive just because folks are forced to be in each other's company day after day after day. I don't and it makes me sad because I think that means they are living lies. They get along as long as they spend LESS TIME together! Seriously. How sad is that? Thank you for your reply and Happy Monday to thee and thine! :)
      October 26, 2020 3:03 AM MDT

I think it is probably the same relationships but the are together more so it happens more. 
      October 26, 2020 9:23 AM MDT

Mebbe. Could be. Thank you for your reply and Happy Tuesday! STAY SAFE! :)
      October 27, 2020 3:58 AM MDT