Active Now

CosmicWunderkind
Spunky
Discussion » Questions » Religion and Spirituality » Many people play the role of Christian. Problem is they don't live it. Where hate/racism/bigotry reside God doesn't. Why would he?

Many people play the role of Christian. Problem is they don't live it. Where hate/racism/bigotry reside God doesn't. Why would he?

Posted - October 14, 2016

Responses

He is the Witness.   He is there, but He is totally out of reach to anyone who has malice aforethought.
      October 14, 2016 8:04 AM MDT

i know, i hate it too when people play the role of christian and dont live it
      October 16, 2016 7:59 PM MDT

People can call themselves whatever they want pearl. It is how we treat one another that matters. Not what we label ourselves. Thank you for your reply and Happy Sunday! :)
      November 6, 2016 1:57 AM MST

•  hate/racism/bigotry  are christian traits  , in fact   , the bible commands you  kill   pretty much everyone  ..     i am  happy  most  christians dont play their  role  . 
    (hitler was one christian that did .) 

This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at November 6, 2016 1:57 AM MST
      November 6, 2016 1:18 AM MST

I disagree with thee emphatically TAW. Just because someone says he/she is a Christian doesn't make it so. Where evil exists love cannot and from the time I was a child I was taught "God is Love". I also believe that we should treat one another as we want to be treated. I  believe what God said (allegedly). Something about how you treat the "least of mine" is how you treat Him. Those who murdered under the guise of religion were liars to me.  How you treat someone is who you are. Period. Labels are meaningless if you don't live up to them.  I know there are zillions of quotations in the bible that tell us to beat the crap out of one another or murder or whatever. Please remember the "Bible" is a joint effort of many men over many years with many agendas.  Am I being selective? Who isn't? Just as some use the Bible to justify hate I use the Bible to justify" love thy neighbor as thyself". I cherry pick just as everyone else does about everything. Religion is a very personal thing. I do not belong to any church. I did once upon a time but I gave it up for many reasons not the least of which was that people get in the way. I don't need any middleman to tell me how I should treat others or what I should think or what I should feel. I know when I am being the best I can be and I also know when I'm not. I have no problem with Atheists whatsoever.  I hope they have no problem with me. Thank you for your reply and Happy Sunday! :)
      November 6, 2016 1:56 AM MST

• so  you agree  - hate/racism/bigotry ,...are christian traits.
    you agree -
    the bible commands you  kill   pretty much everyone .

so ..  what exactly are you disagreeing  with  ?
     that hitler is a christian  ? 

and  " from the time I was a child I was taught "God is Love". "  ......
    then  "I don't need any middleman to tell me how I should treat others or what I should think or what I should feel. "  ummmmm.. except the church ?
    =self contradiction /stolkholm syndrome . 
    This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at November 6, 2016 10:58 AM MST
      November 6, 2016 10:58 AM MST