Active Now

Danilo_G
Shuhak
Spunky
Stu Spelling Bee
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » "Michigan judge REJECTS OPEN CARRY BAN AT POLLING PLACES". Sanctions a shoot out? "ARMED militias bracing for CHAOS around election". HAPPY?

"Michigan judge REJECTS OPEN CARRY BAN AT POLLING PLACES". Sanctions a shoot out? "ARMED militias bracing for CHAOS around election". HAPPY?

Posted - October 28, 2020

Responses

Open carry is allowed there. Polling places are not excluded by their law. 
    The judge followed what the law states. If the state (people/lawmakers) want to make it illegal to open carry at the polls then they need to pass it as a law.  Judges do no make laws. A state law is made by the State Congress and Governor. This post was edited by my2cents at October 29, 2020 4:16 AM MDT
      October 28, 2020 3:51 PM MDT

Exactly! You nailed it! :)
      October 28, 2020 7:26 PM MDT

Being a Michigan resident my whole life, I need to say that the judge was correct in his ruling which, by the way, is not sanctioning a shoot out. He did what a judge is supposed to do, and that is to uphold our state constitution and laws. Yes, I'm happy that the judge did what was correct and constitutional. Much to the dismay of our far-left gun-hating governor.

Places that open carry is not permitted in Michigan:

(a) A depository financial institution or a subsidiary or affiliate of a depository financial institution.
    (b) A church or other house of religious worship.
    (c) A court.
    (d) A theatre
    (e) A sports arena.
    (f) A daycare center.
    (g) A hospital.
    (h) An establishment licensed under the Michigan liquor control act, Act No. 8 of the Public Acts of the Extra Session of 1933, being sections 436.1 to 436.58 of the Michigan Compiled Laws.

Notice that "polling places" are not on that list as my2cents pointed out.
      October 28, 2020 7:25 PM MDT