Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » The crummy grahamcracker is also a dumb cluck. Know what he ALLEGEDLY said about women?

The crummy grahamcracker is also a dumb cluck. Know what he ALLEGEDLY said about women?

"Women have a place in America and can go anywhere if they are against abortion."

He also alledgedly said that black people could go anywhere in his state as long as they are Conservative.

So blacks are limited to the crummy cracker state but women can go anywhere and have a place in America.

Great. What a guy! Who wouldn't vote for that?

Posted - November 3, 2020

Responses

He is talking about the cancel culture. And how the media/leftists believe you cannot be a woman who is also conservative.

Here is Graham's quote on

women: 
    “You know what I like about judge Barrett? She’s got everything! She’s just not wicked smart, she’s incredibly good. She embraces her faith.

“I want every young woman to know there’s a place for you in America if you are pro-life, if you embrace your religion and you follow a traditional family structure — that you can go anywhere, young lady.”

November 3, 2020 6:27 AM MST

If everyone truly embraced their faith, Trump would not be the president.  I am pro-choice, non-religious and still single.  I have worked my entire adult life, provided for myself without government assistance and I've been able to go wherever I wanted, do whatever I wanted to do, whenever I wanted to do it, so Mr. Graham can take his advice and shove it.
      November 3, 2020 8:21 AM MST

Again he is not saying you have to be pro-life, religious, married.  He is saying that if you are smart and work hard it will pay off.  Do not let the expectations of anyone else (media/etc) get in your way.  Don't let others define your positions.  You can succeed.  And that applies to both liberal and conservative women.   He was using ACB as an example of a conservative women who succeeded because of her intellect and did not allow anyone to force her to hide/change her values. 
      November 3, 2020 8:30 AM MST

Quoting from YOUR post:

"there’s a place for you in America if you are pro-life, if you embrace your religion and you follow a traditional family structure — that you can go anywhere, "

Don't tell me that isn't what he means.  

November 3, 2020 10:51 AM MST

:):):)
      November 3, 2020 11:27 AM MST

Again context matters....I can take a partial quote all day long and twist it to mean something else.  But that does not do anyone any good.   
      November 3, 2020 11:56 AM MST

It was YOUR quote.  YOU posted what he said.  At the risk of seeming to be disrespectful, I wonder sometimes if you actually comprehend what is being said.  If he meant what YOU claim he did, he wouldn't have specified if you are pro-life, if you embrace your religion and you follow a traditional family structure you can go anywhere.  If you have the will to succeed, you can go anywhere whether or not you are pro-life, embrace your religion or follow a traditional family structure.  There are millions of woman who do.  I am one of them. This post was edited by SpunkySenior at November 3, 2020 2:33 PM MST
      November 3, 2020 12:25 PM MST

I posted the context.  Not just the last part which the media and others are doing. 
    And I explained it....

He is NOT talking to you or the media or liberals. His comment is to the YOUNG CONSERVATIVE WOMEN who maybe worried to get ahead in life they will have to hide their conservatism. 
    He is not saying an atheist, single, prochoice person cannot make it. 
    He is saying those are not the requirements to make it.

Conservative women are told by media etc that a pro life woman is betraying their fellow women. This what he is taking about. This post was edited by my2cents at November 3, 2020 1:27 PM MST
      November 3, 2020 1:02 PM MST

"Traditional" family structure is also a fluid concept. Prior to the First World War, the "nuclear family" (Mum, Dad and the kids) was an aberration. Extended family was the norm, women married young and had children young (the best biological age for bearing them), with a grandmother or two in residence to help her raise them.
    Biology hasn't caught up with society yet, having your first baby in your 40s isn't great for mother or child. And it's unlikely you will ever know your grandchildren.
      November 3, 2020 2:38 PM MST

November 4, 2020 1:57 AM MST

November 6, 2020 3:39 AM MST

This one was harder to find.  But again....the left media is twisting what Graham said. No surprise at all. 

"Do I believe our cops are systemically racist? No. Do I believe South Carolina is a racist state? No. Let me tell you why,” Graham said. “To young people out there, of color, to young immigrants, this is a great state, but one thing I can say without any doubt, you can be an African American and go to the Senate but you just have to share the values of our state.”

Graham said that Harrison, who is Black, will lose the election not because of his race but rather because of his ideas. “If you’re a young African American or an immigrant, you can go anywhere in this state, you just need to be conservative, not liberal,”

CONTEXT MATTERS.

November 3, 2020 6:48 AM MST

No twist at all---No putting words in his mouth---just an accurate translation of what he said and what can be reasonably inferred from his statement.

November 3, 2020 11:50 AM MST

He said if a person wants to be elected in a conservative state they will have to be a conservative.  Makes perfect sense. 

Just as if you are running for office in a liberal state/area...if you want to have a chance you should be a liberal. 

The left purposely left out he context of Graham's statement....that is a the pure definition of twisting a quote. 

CONTEXT MATTERS. 
      November 3, 2020 12:00 PM MST