Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Way long ago in the OLDEN DAYS on ANSWERBAG we'd give shoutouts to one another on birthdays. Here no one cares. I don't care too. Except?

Way long ago in the OLDEN DAYS on ANSWERBAG we'd give shoutouts to one another on birthdays. Here no one cares. I don't care too. Except?

A BIG SHOUTOUT to my Jim who is 85 today. Plays golf and tennis even with a bad back. Hasn't changed a bit since the day we met 23 year ago.

Happy Birthday best friend
Happy Birthday to a very fine man

Apologies to those who mind. It's a free country. I just free speeched. Ever try it? You can survive.

Posted - November 5, 2020

Responses

Happy Birthday, Jim!
      November 5, 2020 3:41 PM MST

((hugs)) Thank you Durdle. I shall pass that along to Jim. Pardon the impropriety of a hug but since it is virtual it's safe. I used to be a HUGGER. Sigh. I'd go to the market back in the day before COVID and get and gives lots of hugs to the folks who worked there. No longer. We bump elbows if even that. I wonder if we will ever go back to the people we used to be or will we always now be on guard because someone could be a carrier of death? How our lives have changed. I'd like them to change back but well I wonder what the odds of that would be? Astronomical? You can't unknow what you know. Can you? I'm gonna ask.
      November 5, 2020 8:37 PM MST