Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » True confession. I took pride in never hating anyone until the last 4 years. Once again I do not hate anyone. Do you?

True confession. I took pride in never hating anyone until the last 4 years. Once again I do not hate anyone. Do you?

Posted - November 8, 2020

Responses

Hate, no.  Dislike, yes.  Hate some people's actions, yes.   Jesus says to love everyone - including our enemies.  
      November 8, 2020 12:53 PM MST

Thank you for your reply Shuhak and Happy Monday to thee. I have NEVER been a fan of "hate the sin not the sinner". It is the sinner who is the cause of all. I do not separate the sin from the sinner. How can you? :) This post was edited by RosieG at November 9, 2020 10:42 AM MST
      November 9, 2020 2:34 AM MST

Rosie, thank you for posting that.. I can so empathise with that sentiment! I am so not the kind of person who hates anyone.. and yet I truly despised Trump with every fibre of my body and mind..  

I think it's a measure of how truly vile, slimy and appalling Trump was that made people have to speak out against him... it was needed... necessary... someone had to stand up for standards, to say this isn't ok.. 

You did that.. it wasn't an easy job, I am sure it took a toll on you in many ways.. but you had to do it.. 
      November 8, 2020 1:23 PM MST

I will tell you that I am THRILLED I survived it. Hating does take its toll on one. I don't know how those who hate 24/7 survive it. But once Joe Biden was announced the WINNER the hate disappeared. Gone! It stunned me. Now this is how I feel. The person who lost the election is irrelevant. He no longer matters. I KNOW he can still do great damage and harm and I expect he will. But we see the light at the end of the tunnel and we just keep moving forward one day at a time. It was a sham a con a scam and it is coming to an end. Of course I cannot predict how his supporters will react but however it is we will deal with it. It feels so good to be back home in my normal skin. This next sentence is probably going to sound very silly but I wish the person who lost the election and all his supporters adored poetry. I think if they did they'd possibly be more prone to accepting reality having lived in an alternate reality for 4 years. One can hope. Thank you for dependable kindness m'dear. I'm pretty sure we're wired similarly if not identically and we always seem to be in the same book if not the same page. Everything is shinier now. This post was edited by RosieG at November 9, 2020 2:32 AM MST
      November 9, 2020 2:30 AM MST