Active Now

Danilo_G
my2cents
Malizz
Slartibartfast
Discussion » Questions » Home and Garden » Imagine you’ve just agreed to house-sit for me while I’m out of town for nine days . . .

Imagine you’ve just agreed to house-sit for me while I’m out of town for nine days . . .

Are you a little curious as to what’s behind that one door inside the place that you’re asked never to open?

~

Posted - November 9, 2020

Responses

Woha, woha, woha... back up.   Are you insinuating that I'm fatter than a house???  So fat that I'm able to sit on it like a hen sits on her eggs???

WELL!!
      November 9, 2020 9:45 AM MST

Hey, wait . . . 

~

November 9, 2020 1:39 PM MST

I would never go in but there are people who don't respect the privacy of others.  They are motivated by the need to know and can't wait to tell others what they found out. 
      November 9, 2020 12:33 PM MST

Thank you, my friend!  I’ll be at ease attending the Grammar Convention knowing my house is in your good hands. (And that the sandwich cellar remains undisturbed.)

~

November 9, 2020 2:26 PM MST

'Twill be one of:

A) A door that opens to reveal itself simply fitted against a blank wall to make you feel stupid for being either nosey or losing your sense of direction.

B) A two-foot square cupboard empty except for a sign reading, "We told you not to open that door".

C) Narnia.

+++

Actually, I like to think my friends and relatives can trust me enough not to need telling such rules.

January 17, 2021 3:48 PM MST