Active Now

DannyPetti
my2cents
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » If you were asked to research various religions to find the common denominator among them what do you think it might be?

If you were asked to research various religions to find the common denominator among them what do you think it might be?

I did just that once upon a time long ago and I found THE GOLDEN RULE.

Treat others as you would like to be treated.
Do unto others as ye would have others do unto you.

Do you?

Posted - November 9, 2020

Responses

Uh...existence of a god.
      November 9, 2020 5:20 PM MST

This God Guy, Guy Pearce exists.  ;)

Guy Pearce Biography - Facts, Childhood, Family Life & Achievements of  Australian Actor

[ I felt comfortable with you, Element 99, to joke a bit with you with my comment there. :)

To anyone choosing to take offense at my comment, I intend my comment only as a tongue-in-cheek attempt at some humor after a very long day, including funeral and a quasi-emergency eye checkup; so just enjoy Pearce's beauty along with me if you wish. ]

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at November 10, 2020 2:51 PM MST
      November 9, 2020 7:15 PM MST

Not offensive at all. Why would you think so?
      November 10, 2020 2:51 PM MST

Hey, thanks, Element 99. Yeah, I knew you'd be okay with my comment.

But I didn't know if some others "out there," who may come across my comment, would find my comment as sexualizing the question to a base degree. But I guess I can't help it -- that Guy does it to me, ha. 

Again, I appreciate your reply, though, thanks. At times, it's been a couple of rough days for me. But I flow onward. :)
      November 10, 2020 7:51 PM MST

Thank you for your reply and Happy Tuesday.
      November 10, 2020 1:21 AM MST

"Do Unto Others As You Would Have Them Do Unto You"  is how I remembered it when I first heard it. Yes.

That Golden Rule made a huge impact on me as a young child and it has stuck with me for my entre life thus far. It's a goal for me.
    I fail at times but I persevere at it.

EDIT: Woops- - as far as your question, I didn't answer it, sorry. Heck, I barely remembered to eat today.
    This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at November 10, 2020 8:32 PM MST
      November 9, 2020 7:19 PM MST

Hi there WQ! We go back a long way m'dear. You can do no wrong in my eyes and I think you did answer it. The Golden Rule right? Sometimes it's really hard to act on it though and how do you treat someone who treats you like crap? Treat 'em the same back or just ignore them? I tend to ignore. Thank you for your reply and Happy Tuesday to thee and thine. All OK for you and your family m'dear? STAY SAFE! :)
      November 10, 2020 1:24 AM MST

Thanks, RosieG.

To answer your question in your reply, I try not to change my behavior to others' behavior with which I might I disagree. Yet, I don't ignore it and I also don't treat them the same back. Regardless of others' choices of behavior,  I forge ahead and strive to make decisions coinciding with my life goals.

I am doing okay and so are those in my family, thanks.
    :)

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at November 11, 2020 3:26 AM MST
      November 10, 2020 7:56 PM MST

You're welcome WQ. So far we don't know anyone who got the virus. I hope it stays that way. SIGH. Boy life is sure different today than it was a few years ago. We adapt. No choice. Thank you for your reply and Happy Wednesday to thee and thine! :)
      November 11, 2020 1:09 AM MST

I know of more-than-several people who have gotten Covid and come through well. Also, though they were not extremely close acquaintances, I know of several (literally three) other people who died from it.

A great day to you and everyone, too!

Be Well,
    WelbyQuentin
      November 11, 2020 3:31 AM MST

Condolences to their families. Sad that. Thank you for your reply WQ. You too. Be well. Be of good cheer. STAY SAFE! :)
      November 11, 2020 3:38 AM MST

It depends on what you mean by religion. If you are speaking about the religions we have in the world today (Catholicism, Buddhism, various denominations of churches, etc) then the one common denominator among them all is that they are man-made man-centered religions with man-made rules, man-made regulations, and with a man-made belief system. In these worldly man-made religions, man is put first and God second.

On the other hand, a Bible-centered religion would be one where a vital faith and belief in Jesus Christ is being lived out day by day. God’s idea of meaningful religious activity is starkly different from that of the "religions" of today. A Bible-based religion is one where you are born-again and you take up your cross daily and follow Jesus. A Bible-based religion is where Almighty God and Jesus Christ are put first before anything and anyone.

A Bible-based religion is where you put your trust in God instead of men. A man-based religion is where you put your trust in men instead of God.
      November 10, 2020 1:31 AM MST

Endless excuses 
      November 10, 2020 8:09 PM MST